PDA

View Full Version : McKee's N-914 As A Quick Detailer?

Madprops89
09-10-2019, 06:57 PM
I recently switched to Sonax PNS and have been using Wolfgang Uber WW as a quick detailer and waterless wash. I'm interested in using McKees's N-914 in place of the Uber because it doesnt leave anything behind to hinder the PNS and due to the great reviews I've been seeing, but I haven't seen any posts of anyone using it as a quick detailer. Does anyone have experience using N-914 in place of Uber or any other QD?

57Rambler
09-10-2019, 07:26 PM
You should be OK, use the waterless wash concentration ratio.

Here's a good article from Mike P. :

The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-and-frequently-asked-questions/23645-difference-between-normal-car-wash-waterless-car-wash-rinseless-car-wash-spray-detailer.html)

VISITOR
09-10-2019, 07:42 PM
McKee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash (https://www.mckees37.com/n-914-rinseless-wash.html)

Waterless Wash: Dilute 1 ounce per 128 ounces (1 gallon) of water to use as a waterless wash. Working one panel at a time, spray a liberal amount of diluted N-914 directly onto the panel and wipe clean using a soft microfiber towel. Switch towels often as you work your way around the entire vehicle.

FUNX650
09-10-2019, 07:44 PM
If you have armed yourself with the knowledge
found in the below Mike Phillips articles; along
with the commonsensical approach that is
needed when using any WW or Spray Detailer...

Then:

N-914 diluted @1:128 ratio makes for an
excellent Spray Detailer/Waterless Wash!

Tips & Techniques for using a Spray Detailer to Remove Light Dust, Fingerprints and Smudges (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/23128-tips-techniques-using-spray-detailer-remove-light-dust-fingerprints-smudges.html)

The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-and-frequently-asked-questions/23645-difference-between-normal-car-wash-waterless-car-wash-rinseless-car-wash-spray-detailer.html)

Bob

Coatingsarecrack
09-10-2019, 07:47 PM
I use a 1/2oz in a 32oz Kwazar and works awesome. It’s double whats required but I feel like a 1/4 oz wouldn’t do much. Anyways love it as a waterless to quick clean a dusty car.

If I want it to look better I really like Ech20 for the look it leaves but feel theirs more effort for removal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mgavin1985
09-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Good thing with 914 even if you eye it and over mix you still aren’t leaving anything or streaking. I like echo but have to use very watered down or it’s a streaker for me.

Madprops89
09-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to give it a shot. I liked ECH2O, but it streaks no matter how I use it. I like Uber too, but N-914 is half the price for a gallon and it should work just as good if not better with PNS.

Klasse Act
09-10-2019, 09:00 PM
Don't forget about Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash and yes, it can be used as a QD[emoji118] This product doesn't get enough attention IMO! It's both cost effective and an awesome performer, get some today and you'll be impressed[emoji876]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
09-10-2019, 09:13 PM
I don't know of any waterless wash that cannot be used as a QD.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-10-2019, 09:35 PM
At 1:128, it’s not slick at all. I use it as a clay lube, however.

Coatingsarecrack
09-10-2019, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to give it a shot. I liked ECH2O, but it streaks no matter how I use it. I like Uber too, but N-914 is half the price for a gallon and it should work just as good if not better with PNS.

I’ve got a small bottle of Uber that sits unused on my detailing cart cuz I like 914 so much better

oneheadlite
09-11-2019, 02:02 AM
Don't forget about Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash and yes, it can be used as a QD[emoji118] This product doesn't get enough attention IMO! It's both cost effective and an awesome performer, get some today and you'll be impressed[emoji876]

Agreed the Griots Brilliant Shine is both a great rinseless and a heck of a deal.

What ratio do do you use it at for QD/waterless?

Since Griot’s only endorses it for rinseless duty, and I just haven’t had proper conditions for testing, I haven’t played with it for any other purposes than rinseless. I have mixed it at a higher mix (exactly what I can’t remember since I forgot to mark the bottle) for a pre treatment spray, but that’s as far as I’ve gone with it.

Klasse Act
09-11-2019, 05:23 AM
I too haven't used it this way either, only as a RW but 8 always pre-treat my panels for RW. Maybe someone out there HAS done it[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nick McKees37
09-11-2019, 08:59 AM
McKee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash (https://www.mckees37.com/n-914-rinseless-wash.html)

Waterless Wash: Dilute 1 ounce per 128 ounces (1 gallon) of water to use as a waterless wash. Working one panel at a time, spray a liberal amount of diluted N-914 directly onto the panel and wipe clean using a soft microfiber towel. Switch towels often as you work your way around the entire vehicle.

This dilution ratio makes for an excellent QD. ;)