PDA

View Full Version : SCRATCH X and 7424xp porter cable remove swirl and clear coat scratches

Newcarsmell
09-08-2019, 11:13 AM
I had scratch x 2.0 laying around and never polished my car before. Recently got the 7424xp porter cable and came with white pads. I decided to just do a sample test and did not see any results lol. I did 2-3 passes (horizontal then vertical then repeat) with little more then light pressure, with 3-4 speed. Just 1.5x 1.5 feet section. Moderation of scratch x (not too much or little).

I drive a mercedes a45 amg hatchback so paint is tend to be hard.

Questions I have!
1). I know that full speed should be used to remove these scratches on the porter cable. So could it be that my white pad it came with is too foamy and thick?

2). I ordered swirl x (coming in tomorrow) and scratch x is more abrassive and seems if its not showing results, the swirl x will probally won't do any good. What is next polisher i should get since scratch x isn't doing much.

3). Doing the test 1.5 x 1.5 feet area, Do I just keep doing this area until I see results? I feel everytime I do the pass, more clearcoat will be vanishing and the untouched areas will be uneven.

4). Currently in the garage so I'm guessing I dont need to put wax an can leave the spot open then come back after vacation and try it again?

Any help would be great. I read Mike Philips wrote beginner polish section here so i'll look at that too. I just hate swirl marks and im sure caused by the dealer..