PDA

View Full Version : Sub out work? Any one with experience on this?

RMarkJr
09-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Does anyone here have any experience subbing out services that you either don't do or don't know how to do?

For example window tinting. How does it work .. do you raise the rate for the customer and the other guy just charges the normal rate and you get the difference? Or does the installer do it at a lower rate and give you the difference for referrals and volume? Do you seek an actual store location or some individual? I would imagine that it would be hard for an individual to do it because getting the materials would be tough.

Any information on this would be great thanks!

2black1s
09-05-2019, 09:53 PM
You are getting into some murky waters... But to answer your question I'd contact some potential suppliers and negotiate the cost with them.

If I were in your shoes my biggest concern would be selecting competent suppliers. Remember that you will be ultimately responsible for the quality of their work and it's going to be your reputation on the line.

Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Sure, there are many fields where suppliers are necessary due to the complexity of the product/service being offered, but I don't see auto detailing as one of those. If I couldn't do it, I wouldn't offer it.