PDA

View Full Version : New Car Napa leather maintanence?

noshea
09-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Hi - I’m a new member and have a new Audi SQ5with Napa leather interior .How often should I clean & or condition the leather? Is there a preferred product you like ? I do not like the shiney look but prefer a matte factory look.

Thanks!

FUNX650
09-02-2019, 05:36 PM
...Napa leather
How often should I clean & or
condition the leather?

Is there a preferred product you like?

My catchphrase for leather appointments is:
”Clean and Protect”!

I like using Leather Masters products to
accomplish the clean and protect tasks.

Bob

Mike Phillips
09-02-2019, 08:00 PM
I would check with Audi - even the Owners Manual, and see what they recommend.

If the offer a product or collection of products for “their” leather - I would get them and use them.

:)

BadRims
09-02-2019, 09:57 PM
I have the same car, same leather, 2019. I used carpro Cquartz leather. It made it slightly darker and does little to prevent the heavy sunscreen my family uses but water seems to bead slightly better on it. CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating (https://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-leather-coating.html)

For cleaning i used carpro inside:
CarPro Inside Leather & Interior Cleaner 500 ml (https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-inside-interior-cleaner.html)

The brake dusting on that thing is crazy. I need to read through the forums and see what may help. Carpro Cquartz and dlux make the rim look nice but don’t really help with cleaning the rims. (I wish something was so good the brake dust fell off or could be blow away.)

Sellers

TTQ B4U
09-03-2019, 06:44 AM
Hi - I’m a new member and have a new Audi SQ5with Napa leather interior .How often should I clean & or condition the leather? Is there a preferred product you like ? I do not like the shiney look but prefer a matte factory look.

Thanks!

Optimum Protectant Plus offers complete protection for interior leather, vinyl, plastic & rubber dressing. vinyl and rubber dressing, vinyl (https://www.autogeek.net/optimum-protectant-plus.html)

Looks totally factory only with a nice supple feel and a faint leather smell. You'll enjoy it. I used it on my S4.

Mike Phillips
09-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Just goes to show I'm not the Leather Expert. Never meant to be either. :)

I will say this, after Ford introduced the aniline leather interior to their Ford King Ranch Trucks from 2001 to 2008, I read enough posts and comments from people using the wrong stuff on them and then complaining about how the leather looked that in my mind, this is an instance of following the manufacturer's directions just to avoid user error.

From the Skynet

From 2001-2008 the Ford King Ranch trucks came with Castano leather. Both are aniline leathers. Aniline leather is a type of leather dyed exclusively with soluble dyes without covering the surface with a topcoat paint or insoluble pigments

But looks like others have tested the waters and the products and have had good and great results so if you feel good about it - go with it.

:)

BadRims
09-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Looks totally factory only with a nice supple feel and a faint leather smell. You'll enjoy it. I used it on my S4.

Does it help with sunscreen? It seems Audi leather, in my limited experience, opens up its pores for sunscreen and then locks it in.

TTQ B4U
09-03-2019, 02:13 PM
In terms of sealing the top so sunscreen lotion won't affect it? Not sure. I would say the best thing to do there would be to coat it.

The Guz
09-03-2019, 02:52 PM
It seems like you will need to wipe the surface down weekly. A leather coating (Cquartz Leather, Gyeon Leather Shield) will make it easier to clean.

A leather sealant like Gyeon Leather Coat may be another good option with weekly wipe downs in between deep cleanings.

DaveT435
09-03-2019, 07:02 PM
Anyone know what works on a 2019 Porsche Cayman? It’s brand new so just looking for protection at this point.

FUNX650
09-03-2019, 07:16 PM
Anyone know what works on a
2019 Porsche Cayman?

It’s brand new so just looking for
protection at this point.
-Could you be a little more specific?

{Any particular components that you
are looking to protect? Exterior/Interior?}

TIA

Bob