PDA

View Full Version : How much product needed to do headlight restorations for multiple people?

ItsKYRO
09-02-2019, 12:54 PM
I want to wet sand and use clear coat as well. How much size wise of sandpaper would i need (i know the grits i need) per car and is there a good bulk recommendation?

Klasse Act
09-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Sorry I can't answer your question directly but I can tell you the Griot's Garage headlight restoration kit comes with everything you need and is an amazing kit! I did my wife's old Mazda 6 over years ago and even though we got rid of that car towards the end of winter it looked as good as the day I did it and it supposed to last 2 years, so Griot's Garage is sandbaggin' a bit IMO[emoji931][emoji931]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
09-02-2019, 02:10 PM
I want to wet sand and use clear coat as well. How much size wise of sandpaper would i need (i know the grits i need) per car and is there a good bulk recommendation?

You can alway's cut to size your sanding block. Sandpaper won't go bad.

UncleDavy
09-02-2019, 02:34 PM
McKees makes a headlight restoration kit that it easy to use and there is no wet sanding involved. All you need is a power drill.

TTQ B4U
09-03-2019, 07:50 AM

I use a 2" and 3" set up on my drill. You can buy sandpaper dirt cheap, literally pennies per. I'll PM you details. Take about 5-7 days to get it. From there pick up some small polishing pads and pretty much any compound or polish.

KevinDetailing
10-17-2019, 03:04 AM
I use a 2" and 3" set up on my drill. You can buy sandpaper dirt cheap, literally pennies per. I'll PM you details. Take about 5-7 days to get it. From there pick up some small polishing pads and pretty much any compound or polish.

please send me the link too, i wonder would these sand paper will be able to attached to the GG6 with 3 inch backing blade? its seem like too many had recommend those kits from 3m, meg and others that selling $15 for 10-20 piece for each grit, that's expensive.. i'm looking for buying bulk sand disc paper to attach to my GG6 anyone have any recommendation? thank you!

howardm4
10-18-2019, 11:03 AM
have you looked at things like Meg's Unigrit system or Abralon disks w/ interface pads?