PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite glass cleaner for water spots.

Mdjas
09-01-2019, 08:34 AM
New here and I’ve become obsessed with detailing my personal cars but i also want glass thats crystal clear and repels water like the paint. I also have water spots and stains that will not go away. Whats your go to cleaner and sealant for glass. Not really wanting ceramic but I’m also not opposed to it i just have never dealt with ceramic coatings. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
09-01-2019, 09:06 AM
I've been using Duragloss glass cleaner but a very, very popular brand here and everywhere it seems is Stoner[emoji931][emoji931]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bofh
09-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Put me down for Stoner Invisible Glass. If the glass really needs attention that simple cleaner can't fix, I'll come at it with McKees 37 High Performance Glass Restorer. It's a great preparation step for a coating.

MarkD51
09-01-2019, 09:12 AM
This right here.

It's a little more labor intensive as it's not a spray product, but I've used it, and it does the job admirably!

It's more like a cream, like a liquid wax. Apply, rub in vigorously, and wipe off with a dry MF Towel.

Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover, hard water spot remover, glass water spot remover, glass polish, water spot remover for cars (https://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-glass-water-spot-remover.html)

Mdjas
09-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the suggestions im def gonna look into these. I was looking into the glass polishes to and then something like duragloss rain repellent on top for the sheeting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkD51
09-01-2019, 10:35 AM
Sometimes, there comes a point where regular glass cleaners can't get the job done correctly and completely.

Stoners Invisible Glass, and Sprayway come to mind, both outstanding, but neither got the glass looking right like it should on a couple occasions.

Could still see evidence of water spotting, and the glass looking not that good overall. Was why I bought the Pinnacle product.

I might be correct to say, that other products designed for such in the PBMG House Brands might do a very similar job. With Pinnacle, the Glass looked brand spanking new, flawless.

FUNX650
09-01-2019, 10:48 AM
I also have water spots and stains
that will not go away. Whats your
go to cleaner...

I start off with Meguiars M47 Hard Water
Spot Remover; and then, if need be: I’ll go
with Meguiars M04 Heavy-Cut Cleaner.

Once the spots/stains are gone, I’ll further
clean the exterior glass with products such
as Meguiar’s D120, SprayWay (#50), etc.

Bob