PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Dorian

Kevin845
08-29-2019, 12:25 PM
Fellow FL geeks and AG personnel, please be careful with the approaching hurricane.

eaglefan
08-29-2019, 12:45 PM
If it hits the gulf, all bets are off. Its like nitrous for a hurricane. God help us all

Bill D
08-29-2019, 12:48 PM
Won’t be getting much sleep these next few days. All we can do is prepare

MarkD51
08-29-2019, 01:00 PM
Another very bad thing, These Hurricanes can spawn deadly Tornados also.

I remember back in about '81 or '82 I think it was, I was in Venice on the Gulf Coast, and a no name Hurricane came through, and it was at its strongest at about 3am in the morning. It was like a Freight Train was going by outside. The Trees were actually sideways. It was pretty scary. Especially with basically nowhere to run to.

If I recall, 4 people died in the area that night, it had to be a Tornado that came through with that storm I figure. Ripped most the roof right off the KMart.

briarpatch
08-29-2019, 02:14 PM
It is going to be pretty bad....since it didn't hit the Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico.....they both have mountains to break it up....it's just gonna cruise over 80+ degree ocean water and build up strength....be safe down there

DetailKitty
08-29-2019, 02:41 PM
Yes, please be safe everyone in FL.
Take whatever precautions you need.

Bill D
08-29-2019, 02:45 PM
Thanks for your thoughts.

Mike Phillips
08-29-2019, 04:50 PM
I battened down my office today, moved my computer and all electronics and cables to the top of my desk.

My wife Stacy battened down the housecall day. We already stocked up on water batteries, etc.

Chevron sent me a Power Station - as I remove it from the box to charge the batteries I’ll take some pictures and write a review.

:)

PaulMys
08-29-2019, 05:13 PM
Praying for all my Florida friends!!

DetailKitty
08-29-2019, 05:25 PM
I battened down my office today, moved my computer and all electronics and cables to the top of my desk.

My wife Stacy battened down the housecall day. We already stocked up on water batteries, etc.

Chevron sent me a Power Station - as I remove it from the box to charge the batteries I’ll take some pictures and write a review.

:)

Be safe Mike!