PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine - Engine Bay

CleanIT
08-28-2019, 05:48 PM
Picked up a bottle of this for both our cars. Looking forward to trying it. What I like about it is that you can use it on all plastic trim and even in the engine bay. I emailed TW and they responded that it is safe for engine bay use. I can see this being a fantastic engine bay dressing and exterior trim as well due to the hydrophobic qualities of it. Once the Hyper-Dressing wears off, I'm going to give this a shot under the hood. This weekend I'm going to detail one of the cars and use it on the exterior.

Rsurfer
08-28-2019, 06:20 PM
Picked up a bottle of this for both our cars. Looking forward to trying it. What I like about it is that you can use it on all plastic trim and even in the engine bay. I emailed TW and they responded that it is safe for engine bay use. I can see this being a fantastic engine bay dressing and exterior trim as well due to the hydrophobic qualities of it. Once the Hyper-Dressing wears off, I'm going to give this a shot under the hood. This weekend I'm going to detail one of the cars and use it on the exterior.

TWSS was put through a chemical torture test and did well so I don't see why it wouldn't be a good engine dressing. If you have faded plastic, it probably won't darken it.

CleanIT
08-28-2019, 07:57 PM
I'm definitely going to try it.

vobro
08-28-2019, 08:05 PM
I think it’ll less effective than a spray and let dry product, don’t you think it’ll be hard to work this type of sealant into all the tight spaces?

CleanIT
08-28-2019, 08:12 PM
I think it’ll less effective than a spray and let dry product, don’t you think it’ll be hard to work this type of sealant into all the tight spaces?

That's a very good point. That's the issue I have with Polish Angel Engine or any apply by hand engine dressing. It's more time consuming. Hyper-Dressing is hard to beat. I'll give it a shot though and see how it goes.