PDA

View Full Version : Any Chemical Sprayers that don't suck?

Rez90
08-27-2019, 07:52 AM
I swear i have more chemical sprayers fail than anything else...and it becomes frustrating when i'm in my rhythm and all of a sudden....the sprayer fails.

Specifically with Iron decon products, Megs Wheel Brightener...and most other chemicals that are used often and liberally.

I'm curious if there are any sprayers out there that actually stand up to the test of time with these products.

Thanks in advance.

WTAGGART
08-27-2019, 07:56 AM
Check out Dallas Paint Correction. He is importing Marolex sprays and they seem to be made for heavy chemical products. Release date is 26 of September. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rez90
08-27-2019, 08:00 AM
Appreciate it. Thanks.

A-train
08-27-2019, 02:10 PM
I used Zep chemical resistant sprayers from Lowes and they work well. $3.28 so if you need to replace it doesnt break the bank. Of course it's always a good practice to clean the sprayer out after using a strong chemical so it doesn't just sit. Take the top off, put it in a clean bucket of water and pull the trigger until the chemical has been displaced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

SWETM
08-27-2019, 02:48 PM
Don't know if they have switched the descriptions of the products or the head picture of it. But the red compression sprayer from Kwazar is the acid resistant seals in it. This is not the same with the Kwazar spray bottles offered here.

Kwazar Venus Super HD Compression Sprayer (https://www.autogeek.net/kwazar-super-hd-sprayer.html)

Kwazar Venus Super Compression Sprayer Pro (https://www.autogeek.net/kwazar-super-360-pro.html)

The Black Compression Sprayer has the seals that is resistant to solvent and petroleum and oil based products.

They have also a Dark Blue Compression Sprayer that has seals for the high alkaline based degreaser and APC.
The Light Blue Compression Sprayer has the seals that is more for the generic based products from slightly acidic to slightly alkaline based products.
These colors is also what they have in the more pro spray bottles. The ones offered on AGO is the generic seals.

Iron remover products needs to be haveing a metall free spray handle. The Red and Light Blue Compression Sprayer can be used with iron remover. But then it's important to have empty the sprayer head and also flush it with water to being holding up for a longer time. I useally take the spray head that I think was great from an iron remover spray bottle. There are different kind of seals that suits different kind of chemicals.

With the Red Compression Sprayer from Kwazar for useing Meguiars Wheel Brightener D140 is a great choice. When you do the last wheel I finish of with holding the sprayer upside down and spray until it just comes mostly air. Then pull the trigger on the pressure release button. This keeps them going for a long time before the seals goes out. And there are new seals to buy in spare parts kit to these.

So look up what kind of seals it is in the spray handle and what they are resistant against for chemicals. With the sprayer you buy. There is no sprayer head that is resistant to all kind of chemicals in the extreme range of ph levels and solvents. If it's just chemical resistant it's the viton seals in the quality that you get in the Kwazar spray bottles here on AGO and the Kwazar Foamer light blue.

Hope it helps you a little in your search.

PaulMys
08-27-2019, 06:36 PM
I used Zep chemical resistant sprayers from Lowes and they work well. $3.28 so if you need to replace it doesnt break the bank. Of course it's always a good practice to clean the sprayer out after using a strong chemical so it doesn't just sit. Take the top off, put it in a clean bucket of water and pull the trigger until the chemical has been displaced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Regardless of the sprayer, this is the best advice that can be given and followed.

I used various sprayers in the marine industry for over 20 years to spray very caustic acids.

A sprayer thoroughly cleaned after each use would last us for months. An uncleaned unit would last the work week (maybe).

Cleankat
08-29-2019, 08:21 PM
I had the same issue and gave up. I know use a pump garden sprayed with a gallon of wheel cleaner in it and zero issues for about 6 months and counting.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

VISITOR
08-29-2019, 10:11 PM
all sprayer heads will eventually fail, it's just a matter of when. flush after each use is all you can pretty much can do (i do this my foam gun and cannon as well) or turn the bottle upside down and spray until nothing comes out until next use. i always have extra sprayers just in case...

fightnews
08-30-2019, 04:25 AM
I swear i have more chemical sprayers fail than anything else...and it becomes frustrating when i'm in my rhythm and all of a sudden....the sprayer fails.

Specifically with Iron decon products, Megs Wheel Brightener...and most other chemicals that are used often and liberally.

I'm curious if there are any sprayers out there that actually stand up to the test of time with these products.

Thanks in advance.

IK...

AutowerxDetailing
08-30-2019, 11:13 PM
Tolco Sprayers. Gold / black version for acid based chemicals. Grey version for literally everything else. They last me months/years depending on the chemical and I never clean or rinse them out after each use.

Coatingsarecrack
08-30-2019, 11:36 PM
Second IK. Use viton seals. Seams to be gold standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
08-31-2019, 05:14 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/A274DAA8-D4B5-4A9A-934B-3FA35DFDCDDF.jpeg

Bob

57Rambler
08-31-2019, 09:50 PM
Tolco Sprayers. Gold / black version for acid based chemicals. Grey version for literally everything else. They last me months/years depending on the chemical and I never clean or rinse them out after each use.

Gold Tolco :

Acid Resistant Trigger Sprayer (https://www.autogeek.net/acid-resistant-trigger-sprayer.html)

Gray Tolco :

High Output Chemical Resistant Sprayer (https://www.autogeek.net/chemical-resistant-sprayer.html)

Tolco sprayers are generally good but they do have a weakness ... the "neck" area where they screw on to the spray bottle can break if you're not careful.

mwoolfso
09-01-2019, 08:46 AM
What has worked for me is that I rinse out the sprayer with water before I put the bottle back on the shelf. This way, the caustic chemicals really don't settle into the sprayer components at all. I've gone from maybe a year of durability to "years". ;-)

Brandon Wetch
09-02-2019, 12:05 AM
It’s funny because a couple weeks ago I replaced the meguiars bottles I had. About 2 years and they’re all creaking and don’t spray evenly anymore. I bought these to hopefully improve and I’m “in the zone” spraying and wiping and a trigger just falls off, then, all of them dribble a bunch of chemical out.

5 min after I post this photo to Instagram someone comments “I bought one of those a while back and it failed the next day” so I angrily finish the detail having a bunch of these get in the way of me and a good experiance.

Might just have to get the overpriced ones from obsessed garage or get Zep bleach bottles. Those almost never fail.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190902/245d8ef11c7e4f5516d93acb8ba21994.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro