PDA

View Full Version : What carpro glass polishing pad for 5 inch Rupes backplate

iManu
08-27-2019, 12:02 AM
Industry wanted to know, for a 5 inch rupes back plate what size should I get for the carpro glass polishing pad? 5 or 6 inches. Thank!

The Guz
08-27-2019, 12:38 AM
5 inch

Rsurfer
08-27-2019, 12:42 AM
Industry wanted to know, for a 5 inch rupes back plate what size should I get for the carpro glass polishing pad? 5 or 6 inches. Thank!

I don't think CP makes a 6" rayon pad.

Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN
04-11-2021, 10:14 AM
You'll need the 5 inch pads with a 5 inch interface pad

Mike Phillips
04-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Industry wanted to know, for a 5 inch rupes back plate what size should I get for the carpro glass polishing pad?

5 or 6 inches. Thank!

This one,

CarPro Rayon Glass Polishing Pad, glass leveling discs (https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-rayon-glass-polishing-pad.html)

You'll need the 5 inch pads with a 5 inch interface pad

A person could buff without the interface pad but here's the dealio...

The backing plate is HARD.

The CarPro glass polishing pad is thin and hard.

Together you have a HARD pad/backing plate pressed against glass, which is also HARD.

It's going to be a rough buff. The foam interface smooths out the buffing action and this smooths out the FELT action of the pad against the glass to you, your hands, your arms and the rest of your body.

And when you consider how long you have to buff glass to remove scratches or wiper marks - you're going to want that interface pad.

Been there done that a lot in my life, sometimes you just want to trust they guy with almost 50,000 posts on this forum.

:D