PDA

View Full Version : Polish Angel Engine - My review

CleanIT
08-26-2019, 08:13 PM
I ordered a bottle of this and tried it on the Subaru. I somehow lost the before pics so I can't give you an idea of what it looked like prior to treatment. A little does go a long way. I barely used any to cover the entire engine. It contains shampoo and oils. No water needed.

Pros - extremely easy to apply
cleans and protects (for how long I don't know)
nice smell
leaves a beautiful matte finish

Cons - takes time due to no water use so you're doing it all by hand. Can be tough to get into small areas. However, depending on the engine, cleaning it first then using Polish Angel Engine may be a nice option.

I'm convinced that all water-based engine dressings (303/Sonus/Hyper) last about the same, which isn't a long time. It appears there is only one solution for protecting plastics with a product that will last for a much longer duration - Gyeon Trim.

Going forward I'm perfectly fine with Meguiar's Hyper-Dressing. Far more easy to apply - spray and go. Done. Leaves a great finish at 4:1.

Buster906
08-26-2019, 09:08 PM
Nicely done

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CleanIT
08-27-2019, 06:27 PM
Thanks. I'll see how long it holds up.

Buster906
08-27-2019, 07:21 PM
If possible, take photos every three or four days

Sizzle Chest
08-27-2019, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the review!!

CleanIT
08-27-2019, 07:47 PM
If possible, take photos every three or four days

Ok.

CleanIT
10-25-2019, 04:35 PM
I ordered a small bottle of PA Engine to try it. It goes on nice, smells great and leaves a nice OEM finish. This product is best suited for high end cars that you don't want to ever apply water to, which is how it is marketed. For the majority of cars, even high end cars, there are better options.
The durability was average at best. I would argue that Meguiar's Hyper-Dressing lasted as long and is far superior to apply. The bad part of using a product like PA Engine is you're rubbing dirt/grit into the plastic as you clean, potentially leaving fine scratches into the plastic. It also takes significantly longer when you don't use water and can't get into places as well.
A much better option is Hyper-Dressing, Sonus Motorkote or 303. I've found that using a hose, responsibly, drying with a leaf blower then applying dressing of your choice works a lot better. I've recently discovered that using a Airless Paint Sprayer, which uses hardly any water (mixes a lot of air into a nice strong mist), is by far the best method.
I would give PA Engine 2.5 stars out of 5. It's only real benefit is for high end cars that will never see water in the engine