PDA

View Full Version : McKee's 37 coating vs Cquartz Lite

Strauss95
08-24-2019, 11:02 AM
I know Cquartz Lite hasn't been out very long, but was curious how it would compare from a durability standpoint compared to McKee's 37 v2? I have half a bottle of McKee's left over and was thinking of trying Cquartz lite but want the best durability. Vehicle will be daily driven through winter months. Does the McKee's v2 hold up well in the winter months?

The Guz
08-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Cquartz Lite is still new to the market so hard to determine how it would do in the winter months in various conditions. You can give it a try and see how it holds up. If you want something more durable then look into Cquartz UK 3.0.

Strauss95
08-24-2019, 02:33 PM
Think I'm going to give the Cquartz lite a try. It's for my parents vehicles so I can freshen them up in the spring.

The Guz
08-24-2019, 02:43 PM
Post up your thoughts.

Here is my review on it Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/123222-review-carpro-cquartz-lite.html)

Bruno Soares
08-24-2019, 04:11 PM
How old is your bottle of McKee’s? If it’s more than 2 or 3 months you can bet it’s no good anymore. Either will be like jelly inside or it will be extremely hard to apply and wipe off. That coating has no shelf life.

As far as how it performs, it was ok. Very nice look and performance at first but didn’t last as I expected, one year and I could tell there was nothing left. This on a car that is outside 24x7. I re-coated that same car with UK3.0 and Gliss v2 and the performance difference is huge.

Strauss95
08-25-2019, 08:49 AM
How old is your bottle of McKee’s? If it’s more than 2 or 3 months you can bet it’s no good anymore. Either will be like jelly inside or it will be extremely hard to apply and wipe off. That coating has no shelf life.

As far as how it performs, it was ok. Very nice look and performance at first but didn’t last as I expected, one year and I could tell there was nothing left. This on a car that is outside 24x7. I re-coated that same car with UK3.0 and Gliss v2 and the performance difference is huge.

I bought the bottle about 2 months ago, but first opened and used it about 3 weeks ago. I coated a friends new truck with it so I have plenty left to do another vehicle. At that same time I also ordered a bottle of Cquartz Lite on a whim so I also have that sitting on the shelf to use. I'll probably use the Cquartz since I've been a big fan of their other coatings. To make the decision even more difficult, I also have plenty of Gyeon Can Coat left which I've been very impressed with.

acuRAS82
08-25-2019, 12:34 PM
How many applications do (any of) you see out of 1 bottle of Mckees / 1 bottle of Cquartz Lite / 1 bottle of CanCoat?

TTQ B4U
08-25-2019, 01:01 PM
How many applications do (any of) you see out of 1 bottle of Mckees / 1 bottle of Cquartz Lite / 1 bottle of CanCoat?

I use about 15ml of CarPro per sedan. CanCoat I can 5-7 vehicles, but I do some with 2 layers so hard to say for certain. McKee's, I haven't used it since Cquartz UK hit the market because it's not nearly as good and UK is super easy to use. In fact I have some unopened McKee's that I am considering getting rid of.

The Guz
08-25-2019, 01:53 PM

You will get multiple applications with CanCoat and CQ Lite. They both offer the same amount of product. What TTQ B4U posted is about right for both.

Bruno Soares
08-25-2019, 02:36 PM

McKee’s is enough product for about 5 cars. But my bottle was only used on one because by the time I wanted to do the second, it was jelly in there.
I haven’t used CanCoat or CQuartz lite so I can’t say how many applications they are good for.