PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning windows ... Is it just me?

Pages : [1] 2

Don M
08-23-2019, 08:24 AM
I find that I get better results from lightly spraying the cleaner (regardless of what cleaner I'm using) directly on the microfiber, rather than directly on the glass...MUCH better results.

Has anyone else noticed this?

CleanIT
08-23-2019, 08:34 AM
I have as well. I've been using this cloth that a friend of mine gave me. All you use is just hot water. Works well.

Rsurfer
08-23-2019, 01:34 PM
I have as well. I've been using this cloth that a friend of mine gave me. All you use is just hot water. Works well.

Must be a Zap cloth.

FUNX650
08-23-2019, 02:47 PM
I find that I get better results from
lightly spraying the cleaner (regardless
of what cleaner I'm using) directly on the
microfiber, rather than directly on the glass...
MUCH better results.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Started doing it that way many years
ago. Way less overspray to contend with,
especially when doing the interior glass.

Bob

PaulMys
08-23-2019, 06:49 PM
Must be a Zap cloth.

Sure sounds like it. I love mine.

I also use glass cleaner by spraying it on the MF.

dpevans
08-23-2019, 07:55 PM
more product is not always a better thing.

UncleDavy
08-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Must be a Zap cloth.
I have always been a fan of Zap Cloth for interior glass and I usually buy some extras during my Autogeek purchases. I give them away to my customers and my bosses and they are a big hit. For exterior glass I use the Griots Garage glass towel. They are superb.

Bill D
08-23-2019, 08:47 PM
For exterior glass I use the Griots Garage glass towel. They are superb.

Is that the PFM towel?

Rsurfer
08-23-2019, 08:59 PM
The ultimate exterior glass towel: CarPro GlassFiber Microfiber Towel (https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-glass-towel.html)

UncleDavy
08-23-2019, 09:35 PM
Is that the PFM towel?

The PFM is the drying towel which is also a superb product. Griots makes a glass towel with a PFM dual weave on one side and a satiny tight weave on the other side.

engineerwolf
08-23-2019, 09:37 PM
I now use only the Diamond Glass towel from the Rag Company. Love it. No streaks and cleans very well.
https://www.theragcompany.com/diamond-microfiber-glass-and-window-towel/

I also spray my preferred glass cleaner lightly on the towel.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Coatingsarecrack
08-24-2019, 12:30 AM
I use the pfm glass towels with stoners inside and out and best combo I’ve used so far.

Just got my order of Zaps. Will use on interior monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNcoupe
08-24-2019, 05:52 AM
Of all the things I can do with a car.... built a Factory Five Daytona Coupe from nothing, bodywork paint, build engines, pretty handy behind the wheel, suspension setup, troubleshoot problems and fix......I cant clean windows worth a damn. It looks like I tried to clean em with an uncooked porkchop.

VISITOR
08-24-2019, 12:24 PM
PFM towels work terrific with glass cleaners. since they absorb very well, they are less likely to streak (if at all) and do not lint. i cleaned the mirrors and windows around the house today with one PFM towel and GG premium glass cleaner (aerosol) with excellent results...

Calendyr
08-25-2019, 12:17 AM
I always spray on microfiber when inside the car and sometimes spray on the window itself on the outside. Never noticed much difference. What does make a difference is the product you are using. So far my top 2 are Armor All Car Glass Cleaner, and Stoner's invisible glass.

I used to use Meguiars Glass Cleaner and I had a very hard time cleaning the glass, when I switched all the problems went away.