PDA

View Full Version : Preparing the car for winter this year

bofh
08-19-2019, 09:46 AM
I'm trying to think ahead to how I will prepare my wife's car for the winter this year. Last year the paint hibernated under Powerlock+ which I have no complaints about and have plenty left in the bottle.

This year I want to try something different. I'm wondering about Wolfgang, Pinnacle Diamond paint sealant, Blackfire paint sealant, PNS, or a spray-on ceramic like Adams spray coating. My hunch is that Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Blackfire, and PL+ are pretty much the same thing-- if not literally the same thing in the case of WG, Pinnacle, and BF. Sonax PNS is something I have on hand-- I've had good luck with it though it's rather fussy to apply.

California winters aren't much worse than a Canadian summer so I'm not expecting a deep freeze + salt like many of you experience. I end up doing quick maintenance washes about once a month or so during the winter.

I'm curious if others are planning ahead like I am, if there's anything new on the market I should be looking at, or any specific recommendations of products you love.

FUNX650
08-19-2019, 10:38 AM
California winters aren't much worse
than a Canadian summer so I'm not
expecting a deep freeze + salt like
many of you experience.

any specific recommendations of
products you love.

I originally was going to recommend
WeatherTech Floor Liners (your thread
starter’s title kinda threw me for a loop).

So...

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/797B8E36-C272-4826-9487-7CBD6E0ED154.jpeg

Bob

bofh
08-19-2019, 11:26 AM
I posted this message PRE-COFFEE this morning so a thousand apologies for the vague title as well as for conflating "sealant" and "coating".

It looks like I should add CanCoat to my list of possible products.

Bob we run Weathertech floor liners in all our cars and I did just order mud flaps for this vehicle!

The Guz
08-19-2019, 11:28 AM
I am a fan of PNS and CanCoat. Either of those will get you through the harsh California winters we experience LOL.

I would toss in Cquarts Lite into the mix as well.

FUNX650
08-19-2019, 03:50 PM
Bob we run Weathertech floor liners
in all our cars and I did just order
mud flaps for this vehicle!

We also have the WeatherTechs
in our vehicles.

Mud flaps. Me too!
(And here I thought I was
‘the last of the Mohicans’. LOL)

Bob

acuRAS82
08-19-2019, 06:26 PM
If you want to stay the new sealant route, WG, BF and PBL all quite different. WG is water based and has amazing shine on all colors. BF is solvent based and looks particularly great on dark colors in my opinion. PBL is solvent with nano-resins based and has looks and behavior somewhat similar to a coating in my opinion.

bfielder32087
08-19-2019, 07:18 PM
I'm a big IGL Premier fan. I live in Michigan so we have real winters =) I haven't used it in our Michigan winter yet but I will this year. Curious to see how well it holds up

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Coatingsarecrack
08-20-2019, 05:08 AM
I like coating lites for warm weather. Have used cancoat and tac systems moonlight. Both great products.

PA cosmic spritz is an amazing sio2 and tio2 topper. polish angel says you can get a year if prepped with their primer polish or primer spritz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk