PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Motorkote for undercarriage protection?

CleanIT
08-16-2019, 01:41 PM
Hi, I recently purchased a new truck that will see some beach use. I've used Sonus Motorkote in the engine bay and was wondering if this would work as a temporary undercoat protection against sand/salt?

Thank you

fly07sti
08-16-2019, 02:48 PM
I actually just did this a couple months ago on my truck. It worked quite well and has lasted. All I do if hit it with the hose or pressure washer and it looks great. I used a whole bottle though.

CleanIT
08-16-2019, 08:23 PM
I actually just did this a couple months ago on my truck. It worked quite well and has lasted. All I do if hit it with the hose or pressure washer and it looks great. I used a whole bottle though.

Thanks, I'm going to give it a shot. I'll likely spray the underneath prior to going to the beach and re-apply each time.

Oz_TCH
08-16-2019, 08:42 PM
I used Salt Away for undercarriage protection during the Winter.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41GrlyQpM9L.jpg

MrRoo
08-17-2019, 07:49 AM
Fluid film for protection and Salt Away for neutralizing and cleaning the salt off in the spring. Been doing that for 20 plus years. Living in Michigan its what you have to do to make a vehicle last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrRoo
08-17-2019, 07:50 AM
I used Salt Away for undercarriage protection during the Winter.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41GrlyQpM9L.jpg

Salt away does not provide any protection. It’s a cleaner and neutralizer. Been using it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oz_TCH
08-17-2019, 07:41 PM
After a rinse off to clean, you can also spray Salt Away and leave it there without the rinse. It will leave a whitish sheen on the metal that is supposed to coat and protect.

Salt Away website says..
Salt-Away can safely be used on all metals, fiberglass, paint, rubber, plastic, chrome, glass, concrete, brick or any surface exposed to salt. Salt-Away, mixed with water, washes away the salt then leaves a protective film on surfaces until surfaces are again exposed to water or salt.

Kaban
08-17-2019, 07:45 PM
Fluid Film, Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal Protector, or Boeshield T9 is what I would use for undercarriage. Been doing it for years and great results.

CleanIT
08-17-2019, 07:59 PM
...never thought about Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal Protector. Thank you.