PDA

View Full Version : Most Cut / Best Finish

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Serenitynow
08-15-2019, 05:30 PM
Hi all.
I'm new to all of this and am trying to get a plan of action to clean up the paint on my black, 2010 Nissan Frontier.

Just wondering about these 4 products. It would be great if all of you that have used all or some of them, would give a brief summation on which one has the most cut and finished better.

The conditions are that they are all used with the same polisher and the same pads, unless different pads work better with different products.

The 4 products are :
Blackfire One Step
3D HD Speed
Sonax EX 04-06 &
Sonax Perfect Finish

I'm trying to get as much correction and best finish in the least amount of time, with the least effort.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help. I definitely need it.

Rsurfer
08-15-2019, 06:58 PM
Hi all.
I'm new to all of this and am trying to get a plan of action to clean up the paint on my black, 2010 Nissan Frontier.

Just wondering about these 4 products. It would be great if all of you that have used all or some of them, would give a brief summation on which one has the most cut and finished better.

The conditions are that they are all used with the same polisher and the same pads, unless different pads work better with different products.

The 4 products are :
Blackfire One Step
3D HD Speed
Sonax EX 04-06 &
Sonax Perfect Finish

I'm trying to get as much correction and best finish in the least amount of time, with the least effort.

Custmsprty did a black Mercedes one step with Menzerna 400. Came out awesome. Tried to find the thread, but no luck. Maybe he will chime in.

Mike Phillips
08-15-2019, 07:31 PM
2 of those products are cleaner/waxes and 2 of those products are water soluble medium cut polished.

The cleaner/waxed will tend to finish out better because they are leaving a layer of protection behind.

The polished will probably cut a little better because they are “dedicated “ products just for a reading paint.

The easy way would be either of the cleaner/waxed.

One and done.

:)

986DTM
08-15-2019, 07:33 PM
I'd add sonax cut and finish to your list. Used it for the first time last week and I was very impressed with its cutting and finishing abilities. According to sonax its a 5/6 for cutting and 5/6 for gloss, so slightly more cut but a bit less gloss than the the 04/06 or perfect finish.

MarkD51
08-15-2019, 07:43 PM
I might vote Wolfgang Uber Compound, being that it's a combination of both DAT and SMAT technologies.

Wolfgang Uber Compound, car polish, polishing compound (https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-compound.html)

(Never tried Uber AIO, but again, might be a champ product getting you where you want to go.)

Serenitynow
08-15-2019, 07:49 PM
Thanks so far everyone.

Yes. I do realize that 2 of them are " All-in- one" products. But, I have read alot of reviews stating that the 3D Speed and Blackfire have pretty good cutting ability.

I had looked at Sonax Cut and Finish too. But, it's hard to tell the differences in their products without actually using them I guess.

PaulMys
08-15-2019, 08:03 PM
3D Speed will cut with the right pads, but don't make the mistake of thinking it will correct a paint with a lot of swirls/RIDS.

Always have a polish on hand with a little more "bite".

MIsnowman
08-15-2019, 08:30 PM
Hi all.

The 4 products are :
Blackfire One Step
3D HD Speed
Sonax EX 04-06 &
Sonax Perfect Finish

Sounds like a good plan. haha

Of those products I’ve only used 3D HD Speed and it was pretty decent. Like has already been mentioned it’s not going to remove major defects, but it can easily handle light swirls and marring. I’ve read good things about Blackfire one step, but again it’s an all in one, so most likely low on the cut scale. The cut of just about any product can vary depending on what pad you use, but this also changes how well it finishes out.

You never said what condition your paint is currently in, but being almost 10 years old I would assume you’ll need something stronger than an all in one to restore the paint to decent condition. If you’re just looking to clean it up and add some gloss an all in one would probably do the trick. Also, I know it’s not on your list, but I’ve had great results with Menzerna FG400, (I think the name has changed now). This is a compound with good cut and finishes really well thanks to the diminishing abrasives. Basically the longer you work it, the more it breaks down and becomes more like a polish towards the end.

PaulMys
08-15-2019, 08:50 PM
....a compound with good cut and finishes really well thanks to the diminishing abrasives. Basically the longer you work it, the more it breaks down and becomes more like a polish towards the end.

Griot's Fast Correcting Cream does the same I have found.

custmsprty
08-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Hi all.

The 4 products are :
Blackfire One Step
3D HD Speed
Sonax EX 04-06 &
Sonax Perfect Finish

I have all of the products you listed and they are all solid but:

The results I got on this Porsche with FG400 in a one step correction was amazing. It was a swirled mess and had heavy water spots too.

I did numerous test spots with different products and pads and settled in on FG400.

Here's the link:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/118401-2015-black-porsche-cayenne-correction-fg400-polish-angel-master-sealant.html?highlight=porsche+cayenne

custmsprty
08-15-2019, 09:24 PM
Here's some full size pictures.

In the last picture you can see my white Nissan Rogue reflection in the back quarter panel of the Porsche :buffing:

Link:
Menzerna Heavy Cut Compound, Fast Gloss 400, FG400 compound (https://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-fast-gloss.html)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/5c90b93ab9f4d18e11383dfc5352b6e0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/e205a782a9b3a6e86f31cd39a39825f8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/52fc4e938567739ece8d16a5e25c9f68.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/e78bb9fa4efca4e80cd24481bae76e89.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/9856d2a1be9cff33e5fd71c3de6a91fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

mwoolfso
08-15-2019, 11:36 PM
Just based on what I read, Mike's recommendation makes a lot of sense. You wouldn't have a lot of resistance from Nissan paint to correct it. If you did want a pure polish, I would recommend Menzerna SF-3500. It will simply, work.

Serenitynow
08-16-2019, 03:28 AM
Thanks again all. Sorry. Had to get a couple hours of shut eye ya'll know. Haha

Man, more products recommended for me to research.

I'd say the paint on my truck isn't in horrible shape. It's dull and kind of hazy looking. I can see light swirling ( cob webbing maybe ?) and what looks like light water spots down under the surface. They aren't effected by washing or using a spray wax.

I can't afford to get too carried away with products. Too many other things requiring money. But, I am wanting to get a collection of supplies to take care of the family vehicles.

ifadey
08-16-2019, 06:49 AM
I once did one step correction for a friend using Sonax EX 04-06 on Honda paint and the results looked like two step correction. I would choose Sonax polishes over AIO you mentioned.

Desertnate
08-16-2019, 07:39 AM
How hard is the paint on your Nissan? If it is like many Japanese vehicles, it will be pretty soft and you won't need a heavy compound. A good finishing polish should do the trick.

My wife's Toyota Highlander has pretty soft paint and I was able to do a one-step polish of that vehicle with great success using Sonax 04-06, Meguiars Ultimate Polish, or Optimum Hyperpolish. In each instance I used Lake Country white Flat and Thin Pro pads. As far as AIO/Cleaner Waxes, I've also used Griots One-Step Sealant and it looked great.