PDA

View Full Version : Scratches and wax types

Dls1dls1
08-14-2019, 11:00 AM
I have a 1985 Corvette with original paint. Recently I have noticed a large amount of scratches in the paint. Car is not a daily driver and while paint was not perfect is was presentable and I used to only noticed a few scratches. Now it seems they are everywhere. I used to use traditional carnuba waxes, but have recently switched to synthetic as they really helped the shine. Was the old school was just hiding the scratches all along? Given the paints age I hate to go hard with buffing, but would like to lessen the visibility of the scratches.

Goonie75
08-14-2019, 12:01 PM
I have a 1985 Corvette with original paint. Recently I have noticed a large amount of scratches in the paint. Car is not a daily driver and while paint was not perfect is was presentable and I used to only noticed a few scratches. Now it seems they are everywhere. I used to use traditional carnuba waxes, but have recently switched to synthetic as they really helped the shine. Was the old school was just hiding the scratches all along? Given the paints age I hate to go hard with buffing, but would like to lessen the visibility of the scratches.What about a quick 1 step with Blackfire or 3D Speed or even 3D One (not an AIO)... with a white pad? Maybe top that with a great carnuba or some Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app