PDA

View Full Version : First order...wanting everything, lol.

wagonproject
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Well after visiting detailing forums for sometime, I have finally decided to take the plunge. No more one bucket was, drying with bath towels, lol. So after doing some looking around, I put together this. I am still thinking of a foam gun and some kind of sealant. Also do I need like a cleaner after I do the SSR1 or no? And I will be doing all my families, etc cars which range from near new to old with a lot of swirls/scratches.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/wagonproject/Supplies.jpg

Any suggestions/comments welcome! Looking to break the $500 tab, lol. Thanks!

makdaddy626
03-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Looks like you've got a great first order put together, congratulations and welcome to the addiction.

Don't forget to pick up some clay (here or OTC) if you don't already have some.

AG has many good sealants, most offer a same brand paint cleaner to use prior.

wytstang
03-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Looks good and are you set on those items? If I may modify things just a little to free up some $$ to make buying a paint cleaner and foam gun easier.
1. Car soap look at Duragloss #902 cherry soap $24.99 (gallon) or Optimum Car soap for $30 (gallon)
2. Skip SSR 3 as it has been described as liquid sand paper. SSR 2.5 with the right pad should take care of most jobs.
3. You can do with just 1 grit guard, all you need is one rinse bucket with grit guard and the other bucket with just your soap solution.
4. Add Klasse All In One for paint cleaner (has lot of other uses as well)
5. I like Wolfgangs Deep Gloss Paint Sealant myself it's very very easy to use and looks great on all colors from what I've seen.

Also do I need like a cleaner after I do the SSR1 or no?
Yes or just rewash the vehicle.
All I can think off good luck.

makdaddy626
03-11-2008, 06:39 PM
I'll second what Wystang said about the shampoo. I just tried the Optimum offering a few weeks ago and it's my new favorite. The Poorboys SSS is now in the back of the closet (it's good stuff but the Optimum stuff is great IMHO).

ScottB
03-11-2008, 06:45 PM
As the forum financial officer, I highly suggest you set a monthly budget and always try to exceed it.