PDA

View Full Version : FLEX XC3401 problem

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

VISITOR
09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Maybe a bad batch?

hundreds of Flex's have been sold and there have been only a handful of incidents. it's like anything else these days...

loudog2
09-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Does using a double washer help matters? Also, where and what kind of washer?

ScottB
09-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Does using a double washer help matters? Also, where and what kind of washer?

I was told the exact same size as the one already used. Plan on taking it to Lowes this weekend the carry draws full of this stuff.

loudog2
09-14-2008, 07:04 PM
ZoranC
Where do you put the second washer? With the one you tighten the backing plate with? Or is there another spot?

Full Throttle Speed
10-08-2008, 09:28 AM
If you do 2 things, lube the felt, more is better, and DO NOT overtighten the bolt the machine is simply the best IMO. More problems have come from overtighting that anything. Lube is as problem that should have been addressed by Flex but was not.
Mike

RaskyR1
10-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Does anyone actually know what the felt gasket is for?

RaskyR1
10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
My guess is to keep the dirt and polish dust from getting inside. All polishers I have have some kind of "seal/membrane".

I removed mine a while back when it melted down. Polisher works fine but for the sake of the longetivity of the unit I better replace it.

ZoranC
10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I removed mine a while back when it melted down. Polisher works fine but for the sake of the longetivity of the unit I better replace it.
I too removed it from one of my units. Last time I checked there were no signs of stuff getting in. For some reason I have impression flow of air is preventing it. I easily can be wrong though so I will need to check again soon. What does inspection of yours shows?

RaskyR1
10-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I too removed it from one of my units. Last time I checked there were no signs of stuff getting in. For some reason I have impression flow of air is preventing it. I easily can be wrong though so I will need to check again soon. What does inspection of yours shows?

I'll have to take a look at it tonight and get back to you. ;)