PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 - Best Pads for CarPro Essence

TTQ B4U
08-11-2019, 06:37 AM
Okay guys, I have both the Flex 3401 and another forced rotation machine and normally I use the other guy for polishing as their thinner pads seem to work better with CarPro Essence. It just seems when I use Essence on the Lake Country Hybrid Force pads that the must drink it up more or something because the product tends to dry too quickly and thus I need to not only use more product but run the machine at speed 5 for some reason to help avoid any issues.

Are there other pads that you all use on the Flex 3401 that work well and that you like? My old stand-by pads that I still have and use are some HexLogic pads. I like them and while I know many here tend not to, they work but before I order more I want to check to see if there's something out that's been doing well.

Thanks for your insight.

spazzz
08-11-2019, 09:12 AM
Have you tried CarPro gloss pads?

I use those, black force and white force but honestly still haven't 100 percent figured that polish out.
Last time I just laid it down with a black force before CQUK like I was spreading 845.
Left it sit over night then wiped and applied UK

That doesn't help much I know.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Really don't think Essence and the 3401 play together, regardless of pad.

TTQ B4U
08-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Really don't think Essence and the 3401 play together, regardless of pad.With hexlogic it does. I may just pull the trigger on more of those as they last a while too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kamakaz1961
08-11-2019, 01:06 PM
I like and still use the Lake Country Hybrid pads and have had great experience with them. The new design is awesome! KEEP ON ROCKING!

TTQ B4U
08-11-2019, 02:28 PM
I like and still use the Lake Country Hybrid pads and have had great experience with them. The new design is awesome! KEEP ON ROCKING!

what's different than the older ones material wise? I haven't bought many of the "new" ones. Now you have me curious.

Dr Oldz
08-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Essence is a bit unusual for sure but easy to work with. I have had great luck with Carpro gloss pads and LC Hydrotech pads with the 3401 using essence. I prefer to use my Flex Finisher with essence tho.

Kamakaz1961
08-11-2019, 05:33 PM
what's different than the older ones material wise? I haven't bought many of the "new" ones. Now you have me curious.

The new ones are thicker and I do believe they were designed for the Flex 3401 specifically. They cut and polish better than the older versions. You can use them longer before a pad change too.

Lake Country Hybrid Power Finish Ultra Performance Pad System, buffing pads, foam pads, polishing pads (https://www.autogeek.net/hybrid-power-finish-pads.html)