PDA

View Full Version : waxed car some areas feel rough

animescreen
08-08-2019, 03:16 AM
i haven't claybar yet as I'll do it this weekend but did get quick spray on wax just to get some coverage until i do. Car is fairly new and do weekly washes etc but after doing quick wax spray and feels like butter noticed some areas are still rough despite the wax. (like not dry like wax has been stripped but not smooth). Is this indicator this particular area needs heavy claybar? Or do some cars have areas that are not smooth despite putting wax and decontaminating thourghly still. (noticed some curved areas feel this). As a newbie, just though after you wax all the places feel smooth like silk.

mckobe
08-08-2019, 03:52 AM
Yes, clay. First thing I do is spray an iron x product, then rinse, soap and clay at the same time

acuRAS82
08-08-2019, 05:38 AM
Sounds like contaminated areas.

animescreen
08-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Yes, clay. First thing I do is spray an iron x product, then rinse, soap and clay at the same time

after you rinse you don't dry but go right to clay?

van185
08-09-2019, 03:15 PM
I would clay the areas then you will have to polish and wax after you have clayed. That most likely will smooth the area back up.

acuRAS82
08-09-2019, 06:09 PM
after you rinse you don't dry but go right to clay?

Clay while soap is still in the car, acting as a lubricant. If you rinse then you would want to use another lube such as waterless wash for the clay to do its thing correctly without additional marring.