PDA

View Full Version : How's My Beading ?

57Rambler
08-06-2019, 08:27 PM
So, nasty storm here and the carport failed to keep the vehicle dry. 60MPH wind and sideways rain will do that.

But I finally get to see the performance of my DG601 + DG105.

How does it look ?

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67544&d=1565140782

Now I gotta wash the thing again ...

:autowash:

Mike Phillips
08-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Wow!

The water beading is great!

What's also kind of cool is how uniform the water beading looks!

I give it 2 thumbs up!

:dblthumb2: :dblthumb2:

PaulMys
08-06-2019, 08:57 PM
Love it!

DuraGloss products get lost in this new world of "Product of the Week".

But they are solid, tried & true. I use them, and love them.

RaptorGT
08-06-2019, 11:48 PM
That is a perfect uniform beading!

Rsurfer
08-07-2019, 01:42 AM
Looks more like it came out of a spray bottle instead of a 60mph storm.

Vegas1
08-07-2019, 04:08 AM
Fantastic!
The only Duragloss product I've ever used is 931 mixed as a quick detailer and I've been really impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
08-07-2019, 06:30 AM
So, nasty storm here and the carport
failed to keep the vehicle dry. 60MPH
wind and sideways rain will do that.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67544&d=1565140782

Now I gotta wash the thing again ...

Good idea. :props:

You sure don’t want a bunch of PITA water-
spotting to occur from that beading. No siree!

Bob

Mike Phillips
08-07-2019, 07:50 AM
Good idea. :props:

You sure don’t want a bunch of PITA water-spotting to occur from that beading. No siree!

Bob

Yep - that's the problem with water beading. It looks cool but it can leave to water spots and in a worst case scenario Type II Water Spots = Crater Etchings.

And the only way to remove crater etching water spots is to in most cases, compound the paint.

But hey, water beading looks cool!

:)

57Rambler
08-07-2019, 03:15 PM
Rrrrrr. :mad:

I've not only got water spots but they are also ringed with black. Hopefully just from dust. Waiting for the evening cool down to give it a wash but rain is looking likely and another severe storm is forecast for tomorrow.

What to do. I may just head to the coin wash and just blow it off with the soft water rinse for now.

?

Mike Phillips
08-07-2019, 03:50 PM
Rrrrrr. :mad:

I've not only got water spots but they are also ringed with black. Hopefully just from dust. Waiting for the evening cool down to give it a wash but rain is looking likely and another severe storm is forecast for tomorrow.

What to do. I may just head to the coin wash and just blow it off with the soft water rinse for now.

?

First - stay calm. Hope that the spots are just topical. Next, either run her down to the Coin-Op car wash and blast the car or wash at home. If you go to the Coin-Op car wash, might as well take a wash mitt, bucket and some car wash soap and wash it while your there.

57Rambler
08-07-2019, 04:02 PM
First - stay calm. Hope that the spots are just topical. Next, either run her down to the Coin-Op car wash and blast the car or wash at home. If you go to the Coin-Op car wash, might as well take a wash mitt, bucket and some car wash soap and wash it while your there.

I hear you. But with another severe storm predicted for tomorrow, I didn't want to do a full wash today and then have to do another one after tomorrow's storm. Hence I thought I might just do the "spot-free" rinse with soft water at the coin-op to rinse off the dirt and tide me over until Friday when we will have good weather and I can do a full-tilt wash. This SUV takes me a long time to wash and (especially) dry properly ... so many nooks and crannies.

Scott in Houston
08-07-2019, 10:51 PM
Why are people worried about water spots from rain?
It’s hard water that etches paint with the minerals etc.
Rain just leaves spots by moving and leaving dirt and dust at the edges.
Is there a chance that can etch paint? I’ve never seen that happen.

Rsurfer
08-08-2019, 12:22 AM
Why are people worried about water spots from rain?
It’s hard water that etches paint with the minerals etc.
Rain just leaves spots by moving and leaving dirt and dust at the edges.
Is there a chance that can etch paint? I’ve never seen that happen.

Acid rain in heavy industrial areas will etch clear coat if not protected and removed right away.