PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber towel and pad questions

bob m
08-06-2019, 07:54 AM
Does anyone use regular detergent along with a dedicated MF cleaner when washing the MF towels? If so do you put the regular detergent in the main detergent "compartment" or the fabric softener compartment? Detergent recommendations?

Also, does anyone place the polishing pads in their washing machine? Even after a preliminary hand washing wouldn't that still leave some residue in the washing machine tub?

fly07sti
08-06-2019, 08:11 AM
I only use dedicated MF detergent such as MF Restore and 3D Towel Kleen. As far as washing pads in the machine, I do wash MF pads and have not had any ill effects. FWIW, I always do a double rinse when I wash my towels and pads and have not had any problems with residue.

grovlet
08-06-2019, 09:01 AM
Agreed - Use a dedicated MF detergent - and Pads are fine in the washer.

Use only Warm Water at best - and no dryer - air dry only.

mc2hill
08-06-2019, 09:43 AM
MF specific detergent only for me.

Also, does anyone place the polishing pads in their washing machine? Even after a preliminary hand washing wouldn't that still leave some residue in the washing machine tub?
I run the machine's cleaning option before I start. Once all the MF loads are done (all with 2 rinses like Don mentioned) I run Tide Washing Machine Cleaner thru according to the directions on the packet.

bob m
08-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Yes, I use a dedicated MF detergent, but was asking if anyone also ADDS regular detergent also. Will check out the Washing Machine Cleaner.

Me Time
08-06-2019, 11:52 PM
We still use a top load washer with the fabric softener dispenser in the top of the agitator. I will clean it out to make sure all of the softener is gone before washing. I use 3D detergent and it seems to do a good job. But sometimes if I'm out and use Tide Free, I think the towels come out softer.

Coatingsarecrack
08-07-2019, 05:30 AM
I got a gallon of 3D Kleen and griots microfiber and pad cleaner. Directions state to ADD it to detergent. I use whatever free and clear is on sale. Fill half with detergent and add 4-6 pumps of the Griots P&MF and works great.

Both work great but the Griots combo comes out softer. Don’t know if a little softer makes different. With 25% off sale 3D’s cheaper but I feel once you add a 10$ gallon of F&C detergent the Griots comes out to similar value and I like a little better. Never tried F&C detergent with 3D Kleen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk