PDA

View Full Version : Can't Remove Fingerprints

patrickcox
08-04-2019, 08:00 AM
I was getting ready to coat my front windshield with Gyeon View and I noticed what look live several fingerprints on glass. I tried to remove them with Gyeon Glass cleaner but they won't come off. And I tried inside and out. Any suggestions?

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-XqLQ7M5/0/3ae92057/XL/i-XqLQ7M5-XL.jpg

Thanks!

DavidAl
08-04-2019, 09:47 AM
Might be a manufacturing blemish. Is this a new car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrickcox
08-04-2019, 10:24 AM
Might be a manufacturing blemish. Is this a new car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this is a brand new car. There are several what look like prints in the same general area. I did have a Kamikaze Miyabi coat applied to the paint last week so I am going to take it back to them and ask them to look at it. However they were only working on the paint, not the windows. I did not notice if it was there before they worked on it. Thanks.

chinee
08-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Check if it's something on the surface of the glass... take a blade and scrape at an angle almost parallel to the glass and see if it scrapes off.

SWETM
08-04-2019, 12:12 PM
It could be that they accidently touch the window with the gloves or the applicator or the wipe off towels. The coating bonds very hard and can be hard to see at first. But a polish or compound on a mf towel or mf applicator should get it off. It depends on how thick it is and can be needed with a couple of tries. Or if you have a polisher it would make short work of it.

UncleDavy
08-04-2019, 12:46 PM
You can also try some Griots Glass Polish and a Rayon pad on a DA polisher.

patrickcox
08-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions! I am not really confident messing with more than I have it so I am going to take it to the detailer in the morning. I'll report back what he says.

patrickcox
08-05-2019, 09:30 AM
OK, I stopped by the detail shop this morning. He was able to remove the spots with some steel wool. He said it was some stubborn grease. Thanks.