PDA

View Full Version : Mask Tires B4 Spray Coating Wheels ?

57Rambler
07-31-2019, 07:46 PM
So, I am going to try a spray coating (Hydro2) on our new CR-V's wheels due to their complex design. Should I mask off the tires before spraying the wheels with the coating ? The tires have already been dressed with DG #253 via the Eldo2K method. :)

vincec
08-01-2019, 06:44 AM
So, I am going to try a spray coating (Hydro2) on our new CR-V's wheels due to their complex design. Should I mask off the tires before spraying the wheels with the coating ? The tires have already been dressed with DG #253 via the Eldo2K method. :)

I've been using Hydro Blue Sio2 spray on my wheels and have found no need to mask the tires. I apply about every month or so. My tires are coated with McKee's Tire Coating.

Belo
08-01-2019, 09:29 AM
i've never masked anything with hydroblue on the rims. the stuff is great and no ill effects on tires to date. Don't overdue it though, 1 or 2 sprays max per wheel is all that's needed. Longevity is probably the only downfall, but if you consider how easy it is to apply, it's not hard to reapply during your washes.

limited0602
08-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Hydro2 sounds exactly like Mckee's Hydro Blue Si02 that myself and the above posters have used. I clean my wheels, spray/rinse off Hydro Blue Si02 and then dress the tires (after they are dry).