PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

scooterguitar
07-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Well, it might be my next purchase...Wondering if a car is only lightly dirty, say after a few days since a wash, coudl you simply foam the car, let sit, then rinse and be done...basically skip any mitt or sponge washing? If so, I'll take it.:awesome:

ScottB
07-13-2006, 05:19 PM
you probably could, but I highly suggest getting a pair of the white microfiber gloves. Wipe a small area everytime you think your car is just a "little" dirty, you might actually be amazed at just whats hiding there.

Dont look for shortcuts ... you will pay for them later. Easier to take time now, versus taking much longer later to repair.

Neothin
07-13-2006, 11:25 PM
soaking like that takes off very little dirt. the purpose of presoaking is to loosen up everything so it only takes very light pressure to actually take the dirt off.

Meghan
07-14-2006, 08:20 AM
scooter looks like you will have to actually wash you car now!!;) Get a foam gun, they are fun, especially now with the new soap.:righton:

scooterguitar
07-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Dang it! I'll miss those bumbpy layers of nuba over bugs and grime, kinda makes my ride unique all in its own!

Excessive Detail
07-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Well, it might be my next purchase...Wondering if a car is only lightly dirty, say after a few days since a wash, coudl you simply foam the car, let sit, then rinse and be done...basically skip any mitt or sponge washing? If so, I'll take it.:awesome:

I've dopne that before, but make sure you completey soak every part of the car in foam, and when you dry it use a qd and a mf.

trend7
07-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi I am a newbie here and am interested to find out more about the foam gun.

As far as I understand one end of the hose will be connected to a foam gun and the other end connected to a running tap. I am wondering if it is possible that I just dip the other end into a bucket full of water? It is because there isn't any running tap available at where I stay.

Neothin
07-14-2006, 12:36 PM
nope. water has to be flowing through the hose. The foam gun isn't powered and doesn't pull water. Water has to be pushed through it.

unfortunately for most apartment dwellers, foam guns can't be used because they don't have a water tap.

which reminds me... I lose my foam gun in a month when I move

*crys histerically and goes and hides in a corner still sobbing*

Meghan
07-14-2006, 01:01 PM
nope. water has to be flowing through the hose. The foam gun isn't powered and doesn't pull water. Water has to be pushed through it.

unfortunately for most apartment dwellers, foam guns can't be used because they don't have a water tap.

which reminds me... I lose my foam gun in a month when I move

*crys histerically and goes and hides in a corner still sobbing*
Neo, I will babysit it!:D

scooterguitar
07-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Ordered up!
Anyway, my plan is to use maybe a 30 ft hose, then use a hose spiltter going into two shorter hoses, this way one for the gun and one for water, basically to save time running back to turn wate ron/off, etc. Anyone doing this, sound right?

Meghan
07-14-2006, 02:23 PM
I am not understanding why you have to run and turn the water off??? Quick connect on the foam gun where you can take off the soap and just you it as a regular hose?? Help me Scooter, am I being blonde??

scooterguitar
07-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh, maybe I missed soemthing. It has the quick disconnect, but the trigger is still on there and acts liek a normal hose trigger or doe sit just pour out liek a hose with no end?

Meghan
07-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh, maybe I missed soemthing. It has the quick disconnect, but the trigger is still on there and acts liek a normal hose trigger or doe sit just pour out liek a hose with no end?
Are you looking to have free flowing water for sheeting your vehicle at the rinsing stage or you want a hose with nozzle....help me out scoot (I like that name better than scooter) How about we call you scoot-scoot?:p

scooterguitar
07-14-2006, 02:35 PM
How 'bout we call you...late at night!
Doesn't really matter I guess, I liek usingmy fireman's hoze nozzle though. Thing is, I can;t let water just run as we live in the country with a well that runs low once in awhile. Comound a well with living with 3 women,a nd well leave slittle water for ol' scooter here!

scooterguitar
07-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Geez, I haven't had that many typos in a long time!