PDA

View Full Version : Interior protectant-Suggestions Appreciated

BTLew81
07-29-2019, 09:47 PM
Hi,
My ultima interior guard is about empty. So, looking to take advantage of the sale and pick up a few things. Ultima has served me well, but also looking at the Wolfgang cockpit sealer and the blackfire interior protectant. I know the BF is a different product than the others but it seems interesting. Any preference between these three or any other suggestions? Would be used on interior leather and dash.

Thanks!

acuRAS82
07-30-2019, 12:26 PM
I just fell in love with BF Interior Protectant recently due to its compatibility with leather. I have the old BF bottle but I’m pretty sure it’s the same stuff. Smells nice, spreads real easy, non-greasy, makes leather feel nice.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/123929-2015-bmw-x5-m-interior-detail.html?highlight=Blackfire+Interior

BTLew81
07-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Thanks. Sounds interesting and a decent value for an all in one product.

acuRAS82
07-30-2019, 01:21 PM
I’m not sure I catch the all-in-one part of it... but I also don’t know much about WG Cockpit or Ultima. Can you explain? Like leather + vinyl + plastic?

BTLew81
07-30-2019, 04:18 PM
I just meant you can use it on any interior surface.

MarkD51
07-30-2019, 05:47 PM
I'll second the Blackfire Interior protectant, very nice product. I'm also very impressed with their interior cleaner as well, both superb products!

1953hogan
08-05-2019, 10:29 PM
I have a question, as I too am running low on Ultima Interior Guard. One thing I enjoy about the Ultima is the slickness/slipperiness of my leather seats after applying. Does Mckees Interior Protectant or Blackfire Interior give the same sensation?

PA DETAILER
08-06-2019, 06:48 AM
McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant is a multi-surface shield for your vehicle?s interior. In addition to protectants, McKee's 37 Interior Surface (https://www.autogeek.net/dp380.html)

Been using this for years. Love it. I see no reason to change.

acuRAS82
08-06-2019, 09:03 AM
I have a question, as I too am running low on Ultima Interior Guard. One thing I enjoy about the Ultima is the slickness/slipperiness of my leather seats after applying. Does Mckees Interior Protectant or Blackfire Interior give the same sensation?

Ive never used Ultima so cant relate to it’s slickness, but I would say that BF and Mckees are only medium slickness on leather if I had to guess. Not real slick compared Mckees Leather Guard coating, but you can feel a difference after applying.

FUNX650
08-07-2019, 06:40 AM
I have a question, as I too am running
low on Ultima Interior Guard.

One thing I enjoy about the Ultima is the
slickness/slipperiness of my leather seats
after applying.

Does Mckees Interior Protectant or Blackfire
Interior give the same sensation?

Ive never used Ultima so cant relate to
it’s slickness, but I would say that BF
and Mckees are only medium slickness
on leather if I had to guess. Not real slick
compared Mckees Leather Guard coating,
but you can feel a difference after applying.

I sure would not want slick/slippery
leather seats in any vehicle of mine.

Bob

Tasmania
08-07-2019, 07:40 AM
Nextzett cockpit premium

acuRAS82
08-07-2019, 08:16 AM
I sure would not want slick/slippery
leather seats in any vehicle of mine.

Bob
I recall buying a bottle of leather rejuvenator from a seller at a gas station circa 2007 (well before I found AG). I applied and when it was my turn to take coworkers out to lunch, it was quite an experience watching them slide back and forth in the back seat as I made normal turns. This was good for a few laughs at lunch but certainly not for safety or long term comfort.

When I mentioned above that BF is kind of slick and Leather Guard slicker, it was nothing on a level that would make passengers (or driver!) slip in their seats... maybe slick isn’t even the right description. You can tell somethingbis on the seats protecting them, and the texture feels more hydrated. The leather gets darker. Perhaps not really “slick”.

FUNX650
08-07-2019, 08:30 AM
I recall buying a bottle of leather rejuvenator
from a seller at a gas station circa 2007
(well before I found AG). I applied and when
it was my turn to take coworkers out to lunch,
it was quite an experience watching them slide
back and forth in the back seat as I made
normal turns. This was good for a few laughs
at lunch but certainly not for safety or long
term comfort.

When I mentioned above that BF is kind
of slick and Leather Guard slicker, it was
nothing on a level that would make passengers
(or driver!) slip in their seats...maybe slick isn’t
even the right description.
You can tell somethingbis on the seats protecting
them, and the texture feels more hydrated.

The leather gets darker.
Perhaps not really “slick”.
And that, IMO, would be a good thing. :xyxthumbs:

Bob

1953hogan
08-07-2019, 08:56 PM
Maybe my choice of words wasn't the best when I used the word "slick." Ultima does indeed add a slickness to the seats, but in my opinion it is more of a velvety smooth sensation. After application, I feel that I slide into the cockpit easier--it's a desirable feeling. I agree that the seats should not be so slick that people are sliding around in the vehicle, but I do desire that velvety smoothness, and that is what I am looking for.

Here is a review of the product from nearly 10 years ago. All I am wondering is if there is a newer, similar product. Thanks.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/26993-review-ultima-interior-guard-plus-uigp.html?highlight=Ultima+interior+guard+plus