PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless Wash with Kamikaze Miyabi Coating

patrickcox
07-27-2019, 03:10 PM
I just had my new car coated with Kamikaze Miyabi coat and I would like to keep a bottle of rinseless wash on hand to clean off bird droppings or bugs in between full washes. What would be a good product I can use on my coated car?

Thanks!

Klasse Act
07-27-2019, 03:22 PM
McKee's N914 or Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash. For Mckee's the directions for WW is 128:1 but I use 2 ounces to 1 gallon of distilled, I always make a gallon at a time, just what I do. As far as the Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash, I'd say you could very easily do the same thing IMO. Both of these products are PURE cleaners, no gloss enhancers or wax in them, so perfect for coated cars like yours.

Basically the WW ratio does what a quick detailer does, so it's why I've posted it up, it's up to you if you wanna double the strength but I've been doing it for years and my previous car was coated as well and I had no issues.

One more thing, CarPro Ech2o, even though has gloss enhancers in it, plays well with coated cars and is an excellent WW as well as a RW[emoji931][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BudgetPlan1
07-27-2019, 05:19 PM
I'd stick with a 'pure' product like McKees 914. One of the strengths of Kamikaze is the water behavior so likely anything w gloss enhancers, polymers or other SiO2 ingredients is likely gonna be a slight step backwards.

Back when I had the guts to touch our Kami coated cars outside of a full bucket wash, Poorboys Spray & Wipe was a nice way to touch things up on occasion, as was their Bird Sh*t Remover (actual name) for those troubling aerial incidents.

I dont have the skills to WW wash without gooning up our cars so now just let 'em ride until I can get bucket so YMMV.

Coatingsarecrack
07-28-2019, 03:59 AM
I really like Ech20 but seems to need more “buffing” than other WW but well worth it. For spot cleaning bird doody and others love N-914 as it’s most economical and just plane works. Keep a bottle of that in my trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob m
07-28-2019, 07:46 AM
I'd stick with a 'pure' product like McKees 914. One of the strengths of Kamikaze is the water behavior so likely anything w gloss enhancers, polymers or other SiO2 ingredients is likely gonna be a slight step backwards.

Back when I had the guts to touch our Kami coated cars outside of a full bucket wash, Poorboys Spray & Wipe was a nice way to touch things up on occasion, as was their Bird Sh*t Remover (actual name) for those troubling aerial incidents.

I dont have the skills to WW wash without gooning up our cars so now just let 'em ride until I can get bucket so YMMV.

Hmmnn, I thought GG Brilliant RR wash was one of those "pure" products - no waxes, shine enhancers, etc. Am I wrong? I hope not because I have a couple of bottles here and if there are those supplemental ingredients, it may have to be relegated to my wife's Subaru.

Klasse Act
07-28-2019, 09:11 AM
Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash is a pure cleaner, no doubt about it. They have a You Tube video to watch about it as well, great product and VERY cost effective as well!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BudgetPlan1
07-28-2019, 10:53 AM
Hmmnn, I thought GG Brilliant RR wash was one of those "pure" products - no waxes, shine enhancers, etc. Am I wrong? I hope not because I have a couple of bottles here and if there are those supplemental ingredients, it may have to be relegated to my wife's Subaru.I dunno as have never used it but based on above comments, I'd guess it should be fine.

Coatingsarecrack
07-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Yes talk to Griots when I bought it and doesn’t leave anything behind. The have a WW with wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
07-28-2019, 03:01 PM
I stick with either McKee's N914 or CarPro Ech20. Ech20 leaves a better gloss without hindering the performance of any coating. It does take a little more buffing but it works well. N914 will out perform it in cleaning ability. They both do well for bird dropping removal. I don't waterless wash. But will rinseless with either one with N914 being the one I reach for first.