PDA

View Full Version : Uber SiO2 Coating Wash before Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

lkaten
07-26-2019, 09:12 AM
Just wondering...Is it OK to use Wolfgang SiO2 Coating Wash before applying Deep Gloss Paint Sealant? Or, should I use Auto Bathe?

Bobby B.
07-26-2019, 09:28 AM
I would go with Wolfgang Auto Bath since you should be polishing your paint surface before applying the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Once the paint surface has been sealed you can use the SiO2 Coating Wash for maintenance.

acuRAS82
07-26-2019, 10:46 AM
Even if you aren’t doing a full polish (not that I’m condoning it but I know life doesn’t always allow for time). I still would recommend Autobathe since Uber SiO2 contains legitimate protection which could interfere with the DGPS.

lkaten
07-26-2019, 11:38 AM
Thanks...that's what I was thinking.

Mike Phillips
07-29-2019, 10:17 AM
I would go with Wolfgang Auto Bath since you should be polishing your paint surface before applying the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Once the paint surface has been sealed you can use the SiO2 Coating Wash for maintenance.

I agree. :iagree:

Wolfgang SiO2 Coating Wash = Good Stuff.

:)

expdetailing
07-29-2019, 10:49 AM
I would go with Wolfgang Auto Bath since you should be polishing your paint surface before applying the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Once the paint surface has been sealed you can use the SiO2 Coating Wash for maintenance.

It can be a little tough to know what's compatible with what, in terms of products. When I think of Si02, I think coatings only, not sealants, or waxes. I really wanted to try Wolfgang's Si02 Wash after Mike's article but didn't think it was right for me since I use sealants & waxes. It will be interesting to see how Wolfgang's Sio2 will work over FK1000P when I apply it. Thanks for the tip!