PDA

View Full Version : any advice for a newbie in indy?

gmcguy
03-10-2008, 03:28 PM
hello all, ive been reading the posts in here and learing alot...hoping to learn alot more! i have an 07 gmc (medium brown metalic)that looks really good but not great. in the past ive always detailed by hand (meguires 3 step) but im ready to move to machine. im leaning towards the udm or pc. what i would like to know is what pads and polishes to go with to really bring the color out.
i would go with the flex......but im thinking i might be better off learning on one of the others before going to forced rotation. andy advice would be great! thanks all!

makdaddy626
03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Menz polishes - SIP and Nano (106) will do 90% or more of everything you'll ever need.

For the PC or UDM, I'd go with the 5.5" pads, orange, white, and gray.

Driven Auto Detail
03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
gmcguy - What part of Indy? I'm in Brownsburg.

I would suggest going with a UDM or Flex, depending on your budet. For pads, go with Lake Country CCS (orange, white, & blue). For polishes, I really like Optimum. Their more user friendly than some of those other high-dollar polishes. Plus, Optimum polishes don't dust. With their polish and compound, you'll be able to tackle all your needs with 2 products. Although, I'd picking-up their other products as well. The new version of OCW is fantastic and the Instant Detailer is amazingly slick. All of their products are worth buying!

gmcguy
03-10-2008, 04:37 PM
thanks for the info guys.
im westside indy mike. i would go with the flex but im concerned that i could make matters worse than better! i hear the udm is idiot proof!!!!

greg

Driven Auto Detail
03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Greg,

I've got a UDM & Flex. Since you are pretty close to me, I'd be willing to let you try both. Are you familiar with Brownsburg? I can tell you how to get to my shop.

gmcguy
03-10-2008, 06:14 PM
that would be great Mike and alot of help! im still kinda leaning towards the udm mainly because of the price, and my truck's paint is in good shape. but on the other hand.......the flex sounds like it will do alot more!!!!

Driven Auto Detail
03-10-2008, 09:35 PM
The Flex is definitely more powerful, but as you know the price tag is definitely higher. Do you want to meet up this week/weekend?

Jimmie
03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Greg,

I've got a UDM & Flex. Since you are pretty close to me, I'd be willing to let you try both. Are you familiar with Brownsburg? I can tell you how to get to my shop.

Mighty nice offer by you, mshu7. That's one of the reasons that I love this place.

Driven Auto Detail
03-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks Jimmie! I always appreciate people helping me so I try to always do the same when I have the opportunity.

gmcguy
03-11-2008, 03:56 PM
sounds good mike......let me see what my schedule for work looks like...lol and check with the wife!!!!!

Driven Auto Detail
03-11-2008, 06:12 PM
LOL, sounds good. My email addy is Mike@DrivenAutoDetail.com so just shoot me an email sometime!