PDA

View Full Version : Any instant wax temp spray before actual waxing?

animescreen
07-24-2019, 08:47 PM
So I’m sure the dealer put coat of wax but not sure when but I’m startling feel the slickness is going away. My claybar and iron x isn’t coming in till later but wondering is there temp wax I can spray on that will protest for about 5 days before I spend a whole fri or sat doing wash.clay.ironx and then wax?

Not sure what you guys do when paint starting to feel less slick and preparing to do actual wax takes long. Car is garaged currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMys
07-24-2019, 09:04 PM
Dude, have a beer and take a deep breath.

Insider tip here: Even us here on AGO have a dirty car/truck sometimes.

I believe that you are WAY overthinking all of this.

The point of this whole hobby is fun & satisfaction. Not worry and heartburn.

You will be FINE. I promise!! Lol

57Rambler
07-24-2019, 09:06 PM
Save your strength and just wait until your supplies arrive, you are not going to get a big buildup of fallout and/or contamination in the meantime, esp. since it's garaged. When you do decontaminate the car, I would bet that most of what you eventually remove will have gotten there just from the vehicle's storage and transit from the factory to the dealer.

animescreen
07-25-2019, 12:55 AM
Dude, have a beer and take a deep breath.

Insider tip here: Even us here on AGO have a dirty car/truck sometimes.

I believe that you are WAY overthinking all of this.

The point of this whole hobby is fun & satisfaction. Not worry and heartburn.

You will be FINE. I promise!! Lol

Yeah I’m making name for myself
Of the “worry guy” it’s just that this is my first luxury ride and have to proof to myself that I can do it the right way from start to finish. Afterwards I’ll enjoy it more . Being cautious and prepared is key so getting all info I can . I’ll eventually find my routine and will definitely have fun. I’m having fun knowing things here and there. You guys have awesome info btw

Coatingsarecrack
07-25-2019, 05:05 AM
Yeah I agree , you are WWWWAAAAYYYY to worried. I put a lot of thought into this before my first polish and it wasn’t all necessary. Polish till you have a satisfactory outcome and do once every year or two. Wash weekly bucket, rinseless or waterless your choice ( heavy soil use the bucket method). In winter (Washington weather) pressure rinse at a pay station go home and rinseless.

Seems you’ll being using wax. Wax every 3-6 months and maintain with a spray wax, monthly, bi- monthly, weekly what ever you desire.

Pretty simple just need to come up with your routine but this is simple basic guideline.

Remember to clean your wheels and glass when needed and get some woosah......

Markymapo
07-25-2019, 05:44 AM
Have fun with this hobby. My F150 has been Really dirty for a week due to driving it with a bed full of kayaks for fishing on muddy dirt roads. Will wash this weekend and it will look like new (I am a rookie in detailing,just a bit over a year, a year ago I would have washed the truck at the end of every day after traveling those dirt roads, no more). Coated with Collinite 8 months ago n the dirt just slides off.

acuRAS82
07-25-2019, 12:36 PM
I don’t disagree with the others above, but if you do decide you want a temporary spray wax, almost any true spray wax you find on AG will protect you 5+ days. I recommend getting one that you have long term interest in using as a maintenance when you do have your real wax coat on.

What is your planned wax in 5 days?

hooked
07-25-2019, 02:00 PM
Whatever you do, don’t use TurtleWax Seal and Shine or ICE Spray Wax. Based on the torture test videos out there, they are very tenacious and will withstand most chemical means of stripping. ;)

Your first post doesn’t mention polishing, but I assume that’s going to be part of your process once you receive all parts of your arsenal. But as others have said...just let it be until then. Unless you are going to be driving through corrosive clouds of industrial fallout everyday, the car will be fine for a couple of days. Especially since it’s being parked in your garage overnight.