PDA

View Full Version : Which Montana boar brush

chicken
07-21-2019, 12:03 AM
Hi, I recently bought my wife a new Lincoln Navigator. We had an older 4Runner and it was fairly easy to wash. This beast is a nightmare as I need to move my 4' step ladder to 4 different spots on each side of the car to just wash the top of it with my MF mitt. I love the panoramic sunroof but it shows dirt really easy vs our old car. I am 6' tall so I can easily clean the sides of the car up to the top with my normal MF wash mitt. I was thinking of buying one of the Montana boar brushes and a pole to clean the top of the Navigator from hopefully a single spot on the ladder. My question is which brush would be the best bet to clean the top. Our model has the cross bars on the top to strap things like a snow board or skis to it as well. Not sure if I should go with the standard 10" one, the round one or one of the other models. Any thoughts on what would work best for me? Thanks!

hoyt66
07-21-2019, 04:57 AM
I bought this one and love it for my F150. DO NOT buy the handle though. It is garbage! Just get the head and purchase your own pole. I bought a pole that adjusts by pushing a button and it snapping into pre set holes (not sure the proper name). Other poles with an adjustment collar are to slippery when washing and I could not get them tight enough. I also presoak my brush while I clean tires and wheels. Good luck

Montana Original Tri-Angle Boar?s Hair Car Wash Brush & Telescopic Handle (https://www.autogeek.net/trbohawabrte.html)

UncleDavy
07-21-2019, 04:07 PM
I bought the original 10" brush with telescopic handle to wash the top of my Explorer. The handle is not the best but the brush is superb. A work platform instead of a ladder may serve you better.

57Rambler
07-21-2019, 06:00 PM
I bought this one and love it for my F150. DO NOT buy the handle though. It is garbage! Just get the head and purchase your own pole. I bought a pole that adjusts by pushing a button and it snapping into pre set holes (not sure the proper name).

Sounds like you are talking about an adjustable painter's extension pole ...

Thomkirby
07-21-2019, 09:44 PM
Instead of the brush concept you might like this from Griots Garage, I use it all the time on my F150 with sunroof. Plus great to hit the windshield and glass as I walk around the truck.
Wash Mop Stick Kit

- Griot's Garage (https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/wash+mop+stick+kit.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn)
I tried to find it on the AG site but cannot, but they should stock it. It comes with two MF mops and a really solid pole. Easy to remove and wash the MF mops.

hoyt66
07-22-2019, 04:26 AM
Sounds like you are talking about an adjustable painter's extension pole ...

Yes. Exactly. Picked it up at Sherwin Williams.

PaulMys
07-22-2019, 05:42 PM
Instead of the brush concept you might like this from Griots Garage, I use it all the time on my F150 with sunroof. Plus great to hit the windshield and glass as I walk around the truck.
Wash Mop Stick Kit

- Griot's Garage (https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/wash+mop+stick+kit.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn)
I tried to find it on the AG site but cannot, but they should stock it. It comes with two MF mops and a really solid pole. Easy to remove and wash the MF mops.

I agree! The cost of the Boars hair brush turned me away, although I am sure it is a good product.

I use my Griot's Wash Mop for the Ram and I love it.

Also, I could not find it on AG either, so I bought mine directly from Griot's.

57Rambler
07-22-2019, 09:39 PM
Yes. Exactly. Picked it up at Sherwin Williams.

Small world, that's where I bought mine too ... Purdy brand. :xyxthumbs:

hoyt66
07-23-2019, 04:31 AM
Small world, that's where I bought mine too ... Purdy brand. :xyxthumbs:

Yep! Funny because I was just picking up paint when I looked at the extension pole and thought "man! that would be great for washing my truck"