PDA

View Full Version : Ech2o leaving film used as rinseless

Strauss95
07-17-2019, 08:47 PM
So I've been using rinseless washes for many years, most of those being traditional ONR. Currently coated with Gtechniq CSL topped with EXOv4 so I wanted to try a rinseless geared towards coatings. I mixed up 2oz of Ech2o with 4gal of water in my wash bucket, and have tried it with multiple wash media. Every time I get what's best described as a "slimey" film that is almost oil'y in texture and feel. It was the worst when using the big red sponge, but still present with a microfiber wash mitt and edgeless towels. This film wipes away immediately in my first drying pass with a PFM drying towel, and the finish afterwards is flawless. I am guessing it's the Si02 in the Ech2o coating the paint? I stir up my wash solution every time I dunk into the bucket, so that isn't the issue.

Technically it isn't a problem since it does wipe off very easily, but I just found it very odd. Does anyone else get this effect when using it as a rinseless wash? Just wanted to make sure this is normal behavior. Honestly I'm not that crazy about it and I'll probably go back to using ONR or McKee's N-914. Besides the oil'y film, the product does work really well and leaves the paint very glossy. But I think I'd rather just wipe it down after washing with either Elixr or Ech2o diluted 15:1 in a spray bottle.

Klasse Act
07-17-2019, 08:55 PM
I have never experience this issue when using Ech2o as a RW and I use the same ratio as you do. I'm wondering if it's the water quality[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mgavin1985
07-17-2019, 09:19 PM
Echo is tricky it very concentrated I add more water than the call for in its 3 types of washing. Try using less it’s really great product.

rlmccarty2000
07-17-2019, 09:21 PM
As ECH2O dries I usually have to wipe it down again. It leaves a film, but buffs off easily.

Strauss95
07-17-2019, 10:00 PM
As ECH2O dries I usually have to wipe it down again. It leaves a film, but buffs off easily.

Drying isn't the problem for me. It's very oil'y when I first wipe a panel with the wash media, leaving a visible film on the surface. But said film wipes away easily when drying.

paulgyro
11-11-2019, 11:28 AM
My understanding per the videos I've watched from Carpro this is normal. Do a search on YouTube are Ech2o and watch the one from CarPro. Note in the video they are using it as a waterless wash not rinseless.

The Guz
11-11-2019, 02:00 PM

Exactly this. Does this even using it as a drying aid or waterless wash.

HAMBO
11-11-2019, 02:37 PM
I’ve always found Ech2o streaky. To me, the extra little pop of shine it leaves isn’t worth the hassle of having to do the extra buffing.

Klasse Act
11-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Always a haze with Exh2o when used as a WW, ZERO when used as a RWZ[emoji931][emoji931]

The Guz
11-11-2019, 03:46 PM
I’ve always found Ech2o streaky. To me, the extra little pop of shine it leaves isn’t worth the hassle of having to do the extra buffing.

What dilution were using? Also how were you using it (ie waterless)?

Klasse Act
11-11-2019, 04:08 PM
I know your not asking me Guz but I'm currently @7:1 w/ Ech2o as a WW and yes, I have to buff but the finish is SOLID[emoji106][emoji106]

HAMBO
11-11-2019, 04:35 PM
What dilution were using? Also how were you using it (ie waterless)?

Don’t recall. I tried it a bunch of times a couple of years ago when it launched, haven’t used it since. Was mostly using it as a waterless, but I vaguely recall having some kind of film / streak as a rinseless too.

Klasse Act
11-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Don’t recall. I tried it a bunch of times a couple of years ago when it launched, haven’t used it since. Was mostly using it as a waterless, but I vaguely recall having some kind of film / streak as a rinseless too.What did you do with the unused portion of Ech2o[emoji848]

HAMBO
11-11-2019, 04:46 PM
What did you do with the unused portion of Ech2o[emoji848]

Still have it! If you wanna swing by LA to pick it up, it’s yours!

Klasse Act
11-11-2019, 04:53 PM
Still have it! If you wanna swing by LA to pick it up, it’s yours!I like it but not that much but if you throw in the weather you've got a deal[emoji931][emoji931]