PDA

View Full Version : Glitter!!!!!! Aaaaaaargh!!!

DirtyCanuck
07-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Hey guys, just a quick question.

Does anyone have any tricks for getting glitter out of carpet/seats etc. I am working on a vehicle now that looks like the kids had a glitter fight or something. The friggen stuff is everywhere. I even have it all over me now. Lol. No matter how much I vacuum, it keeps coming and coming. Lol.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

Bill D
07-08-2019, 12:04 PM
Maybe try rolling the glitter with a strong lint roller or maybe better yet,with duct tape. I used to get rid of dog hair with duct tape. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on glitter. Gotta try it and see what happens

DirtyCanuck
07-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Maybe try rolling the glitter with a strong lint roller or maybe better yet,with duct tape. I used to get rid of dog hair with duct tape. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on glitter. Gotta try it and see what happens

Great Idea Bill! Thanks much. I’m gonna give er’ a go right now!

Bill D
07-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Let us know how you make out!

Kamakaz1961
07-08-2019, 12:29 PM
The 3M lint brush! Bill D took my thunder!...LOL KEEP ON ROCKING!

MarkD51
07-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Seats and Vinyl might be one thing, but I see no way with a brush, lint brush, tape, to really get it all out.

Vacuum I'd think is the only way, and the more powerful, the better. Like a 12-16hp Shop Vac.

What I always had for my 16hp Rigid Cannister Shop Vac, was a Reducer fitting that attaches to the large diameter Short Hose, then the proper size smaller Hose with all the needed Attachments. The vacuum suction is considerable.

I've seen these as Kits at the big box home improvement stores.

FUNX650
07-08-2019, 04:03 PM
I’ll bet a fist full of dollar bills against
a donut hole, that these “Guys” have
an automotive glitter removal product:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/A8952E64-6F80-4ECC-A2AF-704F849AA5D9.jpeg

Bob

DirtyCanuck
07-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Ok guys, after fighting glitter most of the afternoon, I’ve decided the best way to deal with it, is not to take another job that requires glitter removal. Lmao!

The lint brush Idea worked well, as did duct tape. The duct tape is a little aggressive though,(pulls up a lot of carpet fibres). But, as MarkD51 said, in the end constant vacuuming with the big shop vac and compressed air was what it takes. Just blowing the glitter to the top of the carpet with the air and sucking it up with the vacuum, over, and over, and over again lol.

Thanks for the help guys!! This forum rocks!!!

DirtyCanuck
07-08-2019, 04:56 PM
I’ll bet a fist full of dollar bills against
a donut hole, that these “Guys” have
an automotive glitter removal product:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/A8952E64-6F80-4ECC-A2AF-704F849AA5D9.jpeg

Bob

Haahahahahaa. Now that’s funny!!! I bet they do too. If not, they’re in the kitchen making one up right now after reading this post. Lmfao.

Bill D
07-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Ok guys, after fighting glitter most of the afternoon, I’ve decided the best way to deal with it, is not to take another job that requires glitter removal. Lmao!

The lint brush Idea worked well, as did duct tape. The duct tape is a little aggressive though,(pulls up a lot of carpet fibres). But, as MarkD51 said, in the end constant vacuuming with the big shop vac and compressed air was what it takes. Just blowing the glitter to the top of the carpet with the air and sucking it up with the vacuum, over, and over, and over again lol.

Thanks for the help guys!! This forum rocks!!!

I’m glad you saw some success with the tape. You must be sick of it and vacuuming now!