PDA

View Full Version : Opti gloss coat prices seem a wee bit high compared to UK

Mgavin1985
07-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Not your 4:20 in a good way but in a bad way. I just revisited an f-150 I did about 15 months ago gloss coat it looks great and this person just washed it quarterly the beading was not at cquartz level but still decent. Gloss coats beading was brought back with quick shot of reload and benefited greatly from it. I love gloss coat application, and most other opti products. But I don’t understand how they are charging $59.99 for 10 mls or CC that’s about $180 for 30 mls like a cquartz bottle. I don’t mind spending a little extra on American made, ease of use and quality products but I’d think if they lowered the price they would be more competitive in pricing they are by far the easiest to apply coating. I use it 6 time and have yet to find a high spot that formed from leaving excessive product on clear coat. Does anyone else feel this way or feel that you should be getting more product for the money since these are only consumer coatings.

maybe my math is off but isn’t 1cc = 1ml

spazzz
07-07-2019, 08:19 PM
I feel they aren't competitive for what GC offers.
They really should lower the price.

I find myself buying more CarPro products.
After recently coating my daughters car and mine with CQUK3, I will not bother with GC anymore.
My eyes tell me UK looks way better and is a better deal.

I still have about 13ccs GC left and will use it on my sisters Outback for the winter protection.

TTQ B4U
07-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Agree here folks. IMO I'd love to use their products but the value just isn't there. I've been very happy as have my customers with the CarPro and GYEON offerings.

The Guz
07-08-2019, 12:39 PM
The biggest pro that Gloss Coat has is its ease of application. I agree that it is pretty hard to get a high spot with it. But for me it's overall performance is lacking compared to other coatings.