PDA

View Full Version : All I can say is WOW! I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Pages : [1] 2

DirtyCanuck
07-06-2019, 06:35 AM
Just over 3 months ago I did a job for a client that insisted that I use a certain type of wax in their vehicle. The wax they insisted I use was a very common OTC Brand in a green bottle and was close to 10 years old. I tried to sell him on products I have that I thought would be superior, but in the end I did what the customer wanted and applied his wax.

I went back yesterday to do just a quick exterior wash, and interior clean up. The vehicle was fairly dirty due to the fact that they live on a gravel road. After I washed and dried the vehicle, I absolutely could not believe what I saw. The wax coat was still there and looked like the day I applied it. The depth and slick, and shine was comparable to some of the higher priced boutique products that I use and love.

Now, I’m not about to run out and stock up in this stuff and start using it, but, it sure makes you think.....

MattPersman
07-06-2019, 06:39 AM
My pops uses TW cleaner wax on his car and it looks good no complaints here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightnews
07-06-2019, 08:39 AM
New account with 2 posts marketing a TW product not sold here?

Any good sealant wax would do that after 3 months that's what gives you away. No detailer would be surprised by that.

Klasse Act
07-06-2019, 09:05 AM
No harm, no foul IMO and besides, never mentioned the name of the product. This tattle tale thing in social media needs to ALTO! Iits like a tweet someone makes years ago and some tattle tale goes and digs it up to bring them down, enough already[emoji118]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fightnews
07-06-2019, 09:30 AM
No harm, no foul IMO and besides, never mentioned the name of the product. This tattle tale thing in social media needs to ALTO! Iits like a tweet someone makes years ago and some tattle tale goes and digs it up to bring them down, enough already[emoji118]

Well I didn't tell on him but I get what you mean. I'm just posting my observation.

It could be a coincidence Idk

rst08
07-06-2019, 11:55 AM
majority of todays products are pure snake oil with fancy youtube videos and social media reviews.

some of theses old school detailing products like M16 and original turtle wax served a purpose and were very durable but people dont like to work (physically) for results. We need machines now and spray versions of products because face it, we have become lazy and are suckers for short cuts.

AaronE
07-06-2019, 12:17 PM
I think the OP is simply stating that we as detailers can look down on products because they aren't premier brands when in reality, they do a fine job. Do I believe in the products sold by AG, you betch! Do I look down my nose at the store shelves when someone needs to buy wash supplies, nope. I used those products when I started out and they served me well. I love my detailer products from AG because I can dilute and get more bang for my buck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Klasse Act
07-06-2019, 12:19 PM
majority of todays products are pure snake oil with fancy youtube videos and social media reviews.

some of theses old school detailing products like M16 and original turtle wax served a purpose and were very durable but people dont like to work (physically) for results. We need machines now and spray versions of products because face it, we have become lazy and are suckers for short cuts.Do you have an example of one of these "snake oil" products you speak of? I'm 49 years old and I remember my late Dad out there in the driveway "rubbing away" with Blue Coral or Turtle Wax but let's keep in mind the paint tech back then or should I say lack of it. In todays world you just don't have to work as hard, that's the plain truth. I mean yes, proper wash techniques are key to keeping swirls away and paint correction is always going to be "a thing" for those of us in the know but this "back in my day you had to work for a great finish" just doesn't apply today.

Oh and btw, using a machine isn't a short cut to anything because you'll never achieve results by hand like you will with something like say a Griot's Garage 6". Your using a power tool and have to "work" at it my man. I mean I guess if given enough time you CAN achieve results by hand and end up having "Popeye arms", but that's going to take a VERY LONG TIME!

In closing I'd like to invite you in to today's world, the waters just fine[emoji6]

Eldorado2k
07-06-2019, 12:22 PM

some of theses old school detailing products like M16 and original turtle wax served a purpose and were very durable but people dont like to work (physically) for results. We need machines now and spray versions of products because face it, we have become lazy and are suckers for short cuts.

I’m of the belief that most products work just fine, it’s just that people love to muddle their results by using them over other products and top them with even more, preventing a true result.

Then there’s the latest fad of putting them through unrealistic torture tests... Whatever happened to driving your car for a week or 2 and then washing it like you normally would?

fightnews
07-06-2019, 01:44 PM

That's ridiculous I work my butt of on my car I'm crushing it this detailing weekend and I know a lot of autogeeks are too. Machines simply do a much better job. Clear coats are much much harder and m16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical.

No need to project all that negativity on to the rest of us.

Klasse Act
07-06-2019, 01:49 PM
That's ridiculous I work my butt of on my car I'm crushing it this detailing weekend and I know a lot of autogeeks are too. Machines simply do a much better job. Clear coats are much much harder and m16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical.

No need to project all that negativity on to the rest of us.It's not so much negativity as much as it a lack of education[emoji779]

fightnews
07-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Do you have an example of one of these "snake oil" products you speak of? I'm 49 years old and I remember my late Dad out there in the driveway "rubbing away" with Blue Coral or Turtle Wax but let's keep in mind the paint tech back then or should I say lack of it. In todays world you just don't have to work as hard, that's the plain truth. I mean yes, proper wash techniques are key to keeping swirls away and paint correction is always going to be "a thing" for those of us in the know but this "back in my day you had to work for a great finish" just doesn't apply today.

Oh and btw, using a machine isn't a short cut to anything because you'll never achieve results by hand like you will with something like say a Griot's Garage 6". Your using a power tool and have to "work" at it my man. I mean I guess if given enough time you CAN achieve results by hand and end up having "Popeye arms", but that's going to take a VERY LONG TIME!

In closing I'd like to invite you in to today's world, the waters just fine[emoji6]

Lol its hard work running a polisher all day. I'm hurting right now. You're actually doing 10 times the work in the same amount of time. Plus all the materials you need in a day. Managing clean pads, tons of clean towels at every step. It's way more work. You're not using 1 pad for the whole day anymore that's for sure

Eldorado2k
07-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Machines simply do a much better job. Clear coats are much much harder and m16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical.

-Machines do a much better job of applying lsp? There’s no argument when it comes to polishing/compounding, but a sealant/wax can be applied just as effectively by hand as by machine. Some of us including myself still prefer applying the lsp by hand.

-Clear coats are much harder? Harder than what? Last time I checked a large majority of people won’t dry their vehicles without a “drying aid” which in reality is completely unnecessary and results in a complete misuse of Quik Detailer Sprays.
Not to mention the folks that strictly dry their vehicles via high powered air blowers... But you’re saying “clear coats are much harder”?

-M16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical? Lol. You’ve gotta be kidding me... What dangerous chemical? Take your time, no rush, enjoy a diet Coke which contains a dangerous chemical by the name of Aspartame which is known to cause cancer, but I don’t see anyone banning or being scared the way you are of M16 Wax. Lol.

fightnews
07-06-2019, 02:14 PM
-Machines do a much better job of applying lsp? There’s no argument when it comes to polishing/compounding, but a sealant/wax can be applied just as effectively by hand as by machine. Some of us including myself still prefer applying the lsp by hand.

-Clear coats are much harder? Harder than what? Last time I checked a large majority of people won’t dry their vehicles without a “drying aid” which in reality is completely unnecessary and results in a complete misuse of Quik Detailer Sprays.
Not to mention the folks that strictly dry their vehicles via high powered air blowers... But you’re saying “clear coats are much harder”?

-M16 was banned because of a dangerous chemical? Lol. You’ve gotta be kidding me... What dangerous chemical? Take your time, no rush, enjoy a diet Coke which contains a dangerous chemical by the name of Aspartame which is known to cause cancer, but I don’t see anyone banning or being scared the way you are of M16 Wax. Lol.

I'm not scared I couldn't care less about m16. Its banned right? That's all that matters. Other issues have no relevance to m16 being banned. I didn't say I personally banned it.

Klasse Act
07-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Since I brought up using a machine vs. The Hand, just to be clear, machine for compounding/polishing and The Hand for applying a LSP or clay barring, yes, I've seen things that hold a clay bar and this allowing you to use your machine for this, one of the most absurd creations ever in the history of the world...or other worlds[emoji89]