PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a cleaner polish

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
06-29-2019, 01:22 PM
Looking for a cleaner polish to round out my stock, its pretty much all Im missing. I have a few fine polishes based on your recommendations but I think Id like a cleaner polish too. I know about AIOs but they ALL seem to lack durability, even when topped. I was thinking about PB's Professional polish (with out a wax ), as it seems good based on some reviews. But having a hard time looking on the forum for suggestions.

thanks.

The Guz
06-29-2019, 01:45 PM
What polishes do you exactly have?

MrOneEyedBoh
06-29-2019, 01:46 PM
What polishes do you exactly have?

Hyper polish, Griots perfecting cream, HD polish+... that would be the fine ones, I think ....

The Guz
06-29-2019, 01:50 PM
What you have will work just fine in my opinion. Or are you looking for a more aggressive polish?

MrOneEyedBoh
06-29-2019, 01:53 PM
What you have will work just fine in my opinion. Or are you looking for a more aggressive polish?

Not more aggressive... So all in all, I have a new 2019 f250 ruby red truck... Im a little nervous on this one as Im unsure how thick the paint is, if it'll swirl easy compared to my older blue f250 I had prior. So Im looking to go least to moderate in terms of aggressiveness. I dont need this one to be show stopper clear in terms of the paint. I just want it to look good for the average guy. I dont want to obsess over this truck like I did the last one. Basically looking to polish it with a fine polish here and there and be done with it. Of course if it needs more in spots, ok, but generally speaking.

The Guz
06-29-2019, 02:10 PM
Take a step back and take a deep breath. We often get in trouble when we over think things. You have all that you need from those polishes.

MrOneEyedBoh
06-29-2019, 03:37 PM
Take a step back and take a deep breath. We often get in trouble when we over think things. You have all that you need from those polishes.

Thats why I ask! lol. thanks!

vobro
06-29-2019, 03:59 PM
The HP or Griots will clean up the minor swirls with ease. From my experience with the Ruby Red it's a medium clear, you'll be fine if you follow a common sense washing method. Also do a test spot to see how your particular paint reacts with what you have in stock

vobro
06-29-2019, 04:02 PM
IMO when the Ruby Red is polished out it is the best looking color Ford makes

fightnews
06-29-2019, 04:54 PM
I think u want a paint cleaner that is not abrasive?

PaulMys
06-29-2019, 05:06 PM

100% correct.

Use what you have. Doesn't make sense to stock up on 7 different polishes only to find that the one(s) you have work extremely well. If the ones you have do NOT work to your liking, then that is a different story.

Save your money, and use it for more MF towels. :)

Dr Oldz
06-29-2019, 08:58 PM
Poorboys pro polish is awesome as a paint cleaner. I also love as it doubles as a great metal polish. It’s reasonably priced as well!! Good stuff in my book!

PaulMys
06-29-2019, 09:11 PM
Poorboys pro polish is awesome as a paint cleaner. I also love as it doubles as a great metal polish. It’s reasonably priced as well!! Good stuff in my book!

Yeah, but so are the Griot's and HD polishes he already owns.

Hundreds of choices, and a million opinions, but if what he has works for him, he's good.

Dr Oldz
06-29-2019, 10:19 PM
Yeah, but so are the Griot's and HD polishes he already owns.

Hundreds of choices, and a million opinions, but if what he has works for him, he's good.

Agreed but PB pro polish is a non abrasive alternative unlike his current inventory.

VISITOR
06-29-2019, 10:46 PM
McKee's 37 Coating Prep Polish 16 oz. - Polishes and preps paint for coatings, waxes and sealants - no IPA or paint strippers required! (https://www.autogeek.net/coating-prep-polish.html)

McKee's 37 Coating Prep Polish is a non-abrasive chemical polish that deep cleans automotive paint, ridding it of below-surface contaminants that will prevent a coating, paint sealant or wax from properly bonding. Formulated without any silicones, waxes, sealants, polymers or fillers, McKee's 37 Coating Prep Polish leaves nothing on the surface, making it the ideal polish to use before applying any product that requires a 100% oil and wax free surface.
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/mckee-coating-prep-polish-9.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jkWLIYCFQ