PDA

View Full Version : Gliss V2 and lint...is it salvageable?

spazzz
06-29-2019, 12:10 AM
So I just finished my 2 layer CQUK3.0 and Gliss V2 coating on my car.

Everything was going good with Gliss making my way around the car until I hit the passenger rear door.

I must have switched towels for a new couple.
The TRC low pile 365 edgeless for initial wipe and a gold Cobra jr combo for buff was working great up until I grabbed a bunk towel.

To be honest I didn't really notice the feel right away until it started piling on itself.
By then I had the mid rear quarter panel and the 2 doors fuzzed out.

Somehow that one towel had a bad wash experience, every other towel was okay.

Will this be a problem? ... I am hoping once the dang static leaves with a wash it should just rinse off.
Or is this going to be stuck? ... I can push it around right now with a towel, so it must be on the surface.

fightnews
06-29-2019, 04:42 AM
So I just finished my 2 layer CQUK3.0 and Gliss V2 coating on my car.

Everything was going good with Gliss making my way around the car until I hit the passenger rear door.

I must have switched towels for a new couple.
The TRC low pile 365 edgeless for initial wipe and a gold Cobra jr combo for buff was working great up until I grabbed a bunk towel.

To be honest I didn't really notice the feel right away until it started piling on itself.
By then I had the mid rear quarter panel and the 2 doors fuzzed out.

Somehow that one towel had a bad wash experience, every other towel was okay.

Will this be a problem? ... I am hoping once the dang static leaves with a wash it should just rinse off.
Or is this going to be stuck? ... I can push it around right now with a towel, so it must be on the surface.

I don't think it can get stuck. I don't think these coatings are an actual layer like saran wrap. Things cant get trapped underneath as far as I know. It should come off with a wash.

On another note that stinks to get all that work done then have 1 little mistake ruin it. It's happened to me a few times. It's brutal but I just consider it a learning experience.

Bruno Soares
06-29-2019, 05:46 AM
I think you’ll be fine. I also found Gliss v2 to crate a ton of static and everything wanted to stick to it. But then it all goes back to normal after all that wiping. When you wash the lint should go away.

TTQ B4U
06-29-2019, 06:21 AM
As noted, the lint will come off. My advice is to switch to the CarPro Suede-like MF Rags. Those are my exclusive Coating wipe off rags. I swap them out every 1-2 panels and they work awesome and clean up just fine. As with anything they will get stained or dirty over time thus I simply rotate those to my Wheel Drawer / use.

spazzz
06-29-2019, 02:20 PM
Thanks guys.

I think I posted before any rational thoughts had set in. I guess finishing up at 11:00 pm does that.

I use MF suedes for leveling a coating followed by a 365 low pile terry.
I went with the low pile terry towel as starter followed by the gold jr for the Gliss.....honestly I don't know why. I thought I would need more bite would be my guess.

And about those blue 365 low pile terry all purpose TRC towels, those things have turned all my towels a different color. They bleed like someone poured RIT dye in the washer.
I should have had a bucket with some APC mix standing by to drop the suedes in...now I have utility suedes. Time for a new pack.

But anyway today in the sun I was pleased. No high spots on my platinum gray mettallic.
The lint didn't show like it did in my burnt out pupils the night before.
I was in the garage in my jammies at 1:am, walking around the car with my knock off scangrip in the dark looking for boo-boos.
Ya all have made me a nut case or at least a more tuned in basket case

Gliss is definitely a keeper. I am glad I followed you guys lead.
Amazing how much more dynamic my BMW looks compared to the Gloss Coat that was on previously.
Way more depth, shine and reflection from the CarPro 3.0/V2 duo

Rsurfer
06-29-2019, 02:27 PM
I think you’ll be fine. I also found Gliss v2 to crate a ton of static and everything wanted to stick to it. But then it all goes back to normal after all that wiping. When you wash the lint should go away.

Thinking about putting Gliss 2 over CQuartz. I have Reload as a topper, will I have to remove the reload before applying Gliss? IYO is it worth the time and money?

The Guz
06-29-2019, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys.

I think I posted before any rational thoughts had set in. I guess finishing up at 11:00 pm does that.

I use MF suedes for leveling a coating followed by a 365 low pile terry.
I went with the low pile terry towel as starter followed by the gold jr for the Gliss.....honestly I don't know why. I thought I would need more bite would be my guess.

And about those blue 365 low pile terry all purpose TRC towels, those things have turned all my towels a different color. They bleed like someone poured RIT dye in the washer.
I should have had a bucket with some APC mix standing by to drop the suedes in...now I have utility suedes. Time for a new pack.

But anyway today in the sun I was pleased. No high spots on my platinum gray mettallic.
The lint didn't show like it did in my burnt out pupils the night before.
I was in the garage in my jammies at 1:am, walking around the car with my knock off scangrip in the dark looking for boo-boos.
Ya all have made me a nut case or at least a more tuned in basket case

Gliss is definitely a keeper. I am glad I followed you guys lead.
Amazing how much more dynamic my BMW looks compared to the Gloss Coat that was on previously.
Way more depth, shine and reflection from the CarPro 3.0/V2 duo

Where are the photos?

You will enjoy this coating combo. Much better than Gloss Coat in my experience.

Thinking about putting Gliss 2 over CQuartz. I have Reload as a topper, will I have to remove the reload before applying Gliss? IYO is it worth the time and money?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190629/e5c66d9528fa30e645d60ef8dad4c08c.jpg

spazzz
06-29-2019, 04:25 PM
Here ya go,Mike.
Somewhat uneventful but those towels being folded are impressive.:)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/6f7hlX6M0ym8dI-pWYLDRaSwgB7_D2IGAklnDh1DBFgUkYPIel0UHIEHgpCefi3jp yOigLSCxWPXBoZXn_0H1vUivj-NQFH9K2qIC-GKVzCC4VL_vL34TnvzVbhtDVpOkyawl_OWsw=w2400

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/juMOdIdSWzMcMERzLd9_LGYGPYmQQVVUgFand35WTaQ5TB8BTo W0beiog8f76lHjeGXHWNa_9Tz0w7X6fJa0AgcxBlwQRHRGKJLt _PqUYNcAdOOlJS4C7fLNYadmSYesaezwsp3Wsg=w2400

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/t4xK6iFpaPSosquELYr_nEoOIjjiSbbW-i5U30jJmKnft1IQzZOO45IwtbhF0ByW62VGJDnAvWAoBva-ji6mXOl9cwwxQb_xv5S32L66emI04HVZYE2WnCEXbiIX5DA2jj UUdcRtJA=w2400

Bruno Soares
06-29-2019, 04:30 PM

I think Gliss over UK is almost a must because it changes the grabby feeling to slick feeling. But since you already applied Reload read the FAQ posted by the Guz. Maybe if it’s been a while Reload already wore off.

Rsurfer
06-29-2019, 06:17 PM
I think Gliss over UK is almost a must because it changes the grabby feeling to slick feeling. But since you already applied Reload read the FAQ posted by the Guz. Maybe if it’s been a while Reload already wore off.

Don't want to chance it and the prep work is too much for me. I'll stick with Reload for now.

The Guz
06-29-2019, 07:37 PM
Here ya go,Mike.
Somewhat uneventful but those towels being folded are impressive.:)

Looks great. Nicely done.

spazzz
06-30-2019, 11:40 PM

My thing is I did my daughters E92,2 weeks previous, with UK3.0 and NO Glissv2.
After I did hers all I had time for was Reload.
I would really like to top her car with Gliss but man o man those CarPro directions are CarPro magic alchemy.
I like this answer way better from CarPro UK.

Any input on a Reset wash followed by Kleanstrip Prep-all wipe. Seams to me that would remove the oils.
Then on to Gliss? No harm, no foul. I still have some left to burn up.

Crazy how when I had GlossCoat, I emailed Optimum if I could apply another coat after using Optiseal.
Ron said just use the Optimum paint prep and I would be good to go. That's synergy

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hofSuiCO-0bzbghMSRwrjq8L3ImT8HxogYZZi2w-E8suYmVHMW_y8QkbAicubIyXSq475y2H1Rinv-ii1tvDNKQUgud67Ou1xlIydEd9XzEpMBuocJ1kQNMIlxqb0cyB WD2K4UySg=w2400