PDA

View Full Version : Polishing in the heat / humidity... What to look for

MrOneEyedBoh
06-26-2019, 10:28 AM
This is the first time I've ever polished in the high heat and humidity. Should there be anything to look out for or to avoid? I know not to work in direct sunlight, and I won't, but curious about anything else... I have a few polishes to try out and I'd assume they're all okay in the heat..

OPT hyper polish
HD polish+
Griot's perfecting cream

Might go buy M201 as well...

vobro
06-26-2019, 11:08 AM
Dusting,gummed up pads and hard to remove polish are some things you may encounter. Out of the 3 you listed I've used HP and GCC and they worked fine. When I encounter any of the 3 situations I listed I'll shrink my work area and change out pads more often. I also will mist the panel with ONR for an easier removal of "sticky" polish.

MrOneEyedBoh
06-26-2019, 11:11 AM
Dusting,gummed up pads and hard to remove polish are some things you may encounter. Out of the 3 you listed I've used HP and GCC and they worked fine. When I encounter any of the 3 situations I listed I'll shrink my work area and change out pads more often. I also will mist the panel with ONR for an easier removal of "sticky" polish.I'd assume Any WW would work, right

eaglefan
06-26-2019, 11:20 AM
Bigger concern then polishes and pads is yourself. Yesterday at 945am the heat index was 106F. I really limit my activities in this type of heat. Ive had it get me twice and its not fun at all. After those 2 episodes I really listen to what my body is telling me. Almost impossible to drink enough water or gatorade. Hydrate the day/night before is huge. Before college I was a union pipe welder and wearing jeans and denim shirts this time of the year was torture for my yankee blood.
My wife works at a hospital and the amount of tourists and construction workers that come in during this time of the year is crazy.

Back to pads and polishes; Ive had no problems with Menzerna and 3D polishes in the heat and humidity

vobro
06-26-2019, 12:56 PM
I'd assume Any WW would work, right

Yes I assume so

PaulMys
06-26-2019, 06:09 PM
I have used HD+ and the Griot's CC in some pretty gross humidity here on LI. They both work well, but vobro is right on the money.

Shrink down your section size, and keep an eye on your pads. "Clean on the fly" or switch out pads more often.

It is a bit more work, but it can be done.

MrOneEyedBoh
06-26-2019, 06:14 PM
I have used HD+ and the Griot's CC in some pretty gross humidity her on LI. They both work well, but vobro is right on the money.

Shrink down your section size, and keep an eye on your pads. "Clean on the fly" or switch out pads more often.

It is a bit more work, but it can be done.

Whats up. I think what Im going to do is just hit the spots that are easy ( there are some water marks from I guess sitting at the dealer ) and then Im just going to Iron x for a little and then throw a sealant on it for now. Come fall time,I'll get in it. It looks good now... I think Im going to get some paint protection film done too, so I'll buff those areas now as well.