PDA

View Full Version : McKee's 37 Hydro Blue on Exterior Trim

3MW
06-25-2019, 12:35 PM
I'd like to know if I were to apply a product like Meguirs #40 on exterior plastic and rubber trim and than spray on Hydro Blue, would the Hydro Blue encapsulate the Meguiars #40 to prevent it from being washed off in the rain or future wash?

How long should I wait before applying Hydro Blue on top of the Meguiars #40?

Also, what is the best way to remove Hydro Blue from exterior trim?

Thanks

Nick McKees37
06-25-2019, 12:57 PM
I'd like to know if I were to apply a product like Meguirs #40 on exterior plastic and rubber trim and than spray on Hydro Blue, would the Hydro Blue encapsulate the Meguiars #40 to prevent it from being washed off in the rain or future wash?

How long should I wait before applying Hydro Blue on top of the Meguiars #40?

Also, what is the best way to remove Hydro Blue from exterior trim?

Thanks

Great question!

Hydro Blue won't stick to a quality trim protectant/restorer, so there will not be any "interference" between the two products.

You can remove Hydro Blue from plastic trim using 50/50 alcohol.

Nick

3MW
06-25-2019, 01:02 PM
Thanks Nick :xyxthumbs:

DBAILEY
06-25-2019, 01:41 PM
It would most likely form a layer of protection over the #40, but who knows how long it would last. I do notice that when I use this type of spray on blast off sealant on my wheels that the tire does not absorb tire dressing as well in the section at the bottom of the tire that was making contact with the ground. which a assume is the Hydro running off the wheel face and barrel over the rubber. It is short lived though.

3MW
06-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Just curious, if I were to clean the unpainted plastic bumper and trim on my truck with an APC, do I need to apply a trim protectant / sealant or will Hydro Blue be able to provide UV protection and fading on it's own?