PDA

View Full Version : Which APC to Buy

Pages : [1] 2

3MW
06-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Can you please help me pick the best APC for me? I am looking for the following in APC:

Safe on all interior surfaces (fabric, carpet, vinyl, plastic, clear plastic, glass, and possibly nav screen)
Can possibly be used as a glass cleaner
Clean clear coated factory wheels
Serve as a tire cleaner
Clean the plastic guards and painted area of the wheel wells
To clean plastic and rubber trim before applying a sealant or coating. Also able to remove plastic / rubber trim coatings
Serve as an engine and engine bay cleaner
Definitely will not harm paint or clear coat if sprayed on the surface

After reading a good amount of reviews on the forum, it appears that OPC, McKee's37 Hi-Intensity, and Meguiars 101, 107, and 108 are the most popular, but I am interested in what APC you would pick if you were me. I am definitely looking for the best and safest product.

Thanks

Klasse Act
06-25-2019, 11:39 AM
Optimum Power Clean[emoji118]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dcjredline
06-25-2019, 11:58 AM
Im not sure any of them would be too great on glass. Not my first or even 4th choice for glass at least NOR a Nav screen for sure

Dr Oldz
06-25-2019, 01:18 PM
Optimum Power Clean[emoji118]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agreed!! OPC is great!!!!!

Perhaps I’d look at a dedicated glass cleaner tho.

fly07sti
06-25-2019, 01:33 PM
OPC all day! Never used on glass though.

3MW
06-25-2019, 01:38 PM
What should I use to clean a nav screen?

DetailKitty
06-25-2019, 02:12 PM

I've sometimes just used a dry microfiber.
But if you want a little more a good glass cleaner (used sparingly and sprayed on the microfiber) would work.

Paul A.
06-25-2019, 03:46 PM
I agree with Optimum Power Clean. My personal favorite.

bofh
06-25-2019, 03:59 PM
Safe on all interior surfaces (fabric, carpet, vinyl, plastic, clear plastic, glass, and possibly nav screen)
Can possibly be used as a glass cleaner
Clean clear coated factory wheels
Serve as a tire cleaner
Clean the plastic guards and painted area of the wheel wells
To clean plastic and rubber trim before applying a sealant or coating. Also able to remove plastic / rubber trim coatings
Serve as an engine and engine bay cleaner
Definitely will not harm paint or clear coat if sprayed on the surface

One APC for all of this? I guess it's possible but you are still going to have to mix different dilutions anyway to make it work. What are you optimizing for-- number of bottles on the shelf, cost per gallon, or something else? I would suggest you find a nice Interior Cleaner which will be a more mild cleaner that smells nice inside the car and then go buy something like OPC for the exterior. Generic APCs on tires works fine when you've run out of tire cleaner, but you'll never really get them deep clean without a specialized product.

57Rambler
06-25-2019, 04:07 PM

Tepid (lukewarm) distilled water misted on to a microfiber appropriate for screens. Then follow up with a similar dry microfiber. This is the cleaning method spec'd for high-end TV's per many manufacturers.

Eldorado2k
06-25-2019, 04:29 PM

This is what I use for nav screens, touch screens, HDTV’s, woodgrain, instrument clusters, and as an overall finishing wipe inside.

Mothers Glass Cleaner is a streak-free solution to dirty auto glass windows and windshield. Ammonia-free glass cleaner is safe on car window tinting. (https://www.autogeek.net/24ozmoglcl.html)

Eldorado2k
06-25-2019, 04:48 PM
As far as APC, I’d go with Meguiars D101. It can do just about everything on your list and it does it @10:1. I personally don’t ask it to do things like windows & tires [but it can if you really wanted to] and even @10:1 I still go through so much of it that I need to keep 2 bottles filled at all times.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190625/7394b82d667cdd25d292e4d0e94313d6.jpg

If you’re really going to use it for everything on your list and expect to be doing more than just your own vehicles and decide to go with something like OPC expect it to cost a small fortune because not only does it cost twice as much, but you’ll be diluting it at 3:1 for alot of tasks, making it even less of a value.

Just my 2 cents.

PearTree
06-25-2019, 06:35 PM
My vote goes to poor boys apc-d. It can be diluted down all the way to clean glass and it works pretty well at it. I use it for everything including cleaning around the house. D101 is also very good.

3MW
06-25-2019, 07:35 PM
To those who recommend OPC, are you personally using OPC on the interior, exterior or both? Thanks

OMGClayAiken
06-25-2019, 08:10 PM
Another vote for Optimum Power Clean. I use it on both interior and exterior. Straight on exhaust pipes, 3:1 on exterior trim, 5:1 in a mix with ONR for a pre treat for exterior. 6:1 and sometimes as strong as 3:1 for interior surfaces depending on soil level. Certainly not the cheapest but the best and most versatile IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk