PDA

View Full Version : Swirl marks in my new car.

earl grey
03-07-2008, 06:41 PM
So when I got my new car I did the Klasse Kit. In between washes I QD. When I looked at it closely today I saw the spiderweb effect of swirl marks in the light. Ive only used microfiber on it. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it?

StephenK
03-07-2008, 06:58 PM
the swirl mark were more than likely there when you got it from the dealership. if you get a chance goto a dealership and look and the cars. all of them will have swirl marks.

Gary Sword
03-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Dealers are very good at putting swirls in cars. I'm sure most of the swirls were there when you got the car. Get a polisher and some good polish to remove the swirls. There are plenty of threads on this forum to help learn about polishing your car.

earl grey
03-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Well see I used Klasse after I got it though. Shouldnt that have fixed it?

MadOzodi
03-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Klasse AIO doesn't contain any abrasives. It's more of a chemical cleaner that leaves behind an acrylic coat.

Gary Sword
03-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Well see I used Klasse after I got it though. Shouldnt that have fixed it?

Like MadOzodi said Klasse AIO has some cleaning ability but it's not going to remove swirls. It will help protect your car from getting more swirls. I would hope the swirls are only light since it's a new car. You need to use a polish with some light cutting ability to remove the swirls. After you polish the car and remove the swirls apply your Klasse AIO. menzerna and optimum are my favorite polishes but there are a lot of good products on the market that will do the job. You will need a polisher if you don't have one. If your new to polishing I would get a random orbital polisher. You will also need some light cutting pads. Check out some of the threads about polishing on the forum.

ScottB
03-08-2008, 08:39 AM
polishing the paint fixes it .... most commonly introduced during the wash and drying stages as rubbing the paint and likely in circles.