PDA

View Full Version : Does all waterless wash act as clay lube? Specifically Pinnacle one

edmondhk
06-23-2019, 07:51 AM
Some of waterless stated clearly can be act as clay lube, some of them does not.
What I want to ask specifically is Pinnacle liquid crystal waterless wash concentrate with Carnauba.
I got pretty much left

fightnews
06-23-2019, 08:26 AM
Some of waterless stated clearly can be act as clay lube, some of them does not.
What I want to ask specifically is Pinnacle liquid crystal waterless wash concentrate with Carnauba.
I got pretty much left

I think yes it's definitely enough lubrication wise but typically you don't want to be adding any carnauba to the claying process

edmondhk
06-23-2019, 09:49 AM
I think yes it's definitely enough lubrication wise but typically you don't want to be adding any carnauba to the claying process

Good point. Thanks for your advise. Time to get myself a clay lube

swanicyouth
06-24-2019, 01:34 PM
I’ve used that exact product many times for clay lube since I have a gallon of it. It works 100% perfect. Better than ONR IME.

Really doesn’t matter. The one nanogram of carnauba in this stuff doesn’t effect anything. You are going to be polishing anyway likely so doesn’t matter. And if not, guess what - still doesn’t matter. Don’t overthink this stuff. It’s not rocket science. You could use APC as clay lube if it was mild enough not to damage the clay or the paint

Calendyr
06-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Waterless is probably more lubrication than you might want. You could probably dilute some of it 50% with water and still have a great lube for claying.

edmondhk
06-25-2019, 05:33 AM
Good point, but I may just clay and apply the sealant. Does it still OK?