PDA

View Full Version : Fastest working polish?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
06-22-2019, 07:03 PM
After more reading I just basically confused myself. What's some of the fastest working polishes? In terms of not having to do X amount of passes to clear up the paint. Or having to do X amount of passes to break down the polish. I think that would be a SMAT polish, right? That being a polish thats very very fine...?

Looking to clean up some water marks, light swirls, brighten up the paint and light marring. Not looking for car show quality paint, it'll never stay perfect.

PaulMys
06-22-2019, 07:13 PM
Very subjective post, man.

There is no "Magic" polish that will work well on every paint.

Besides product, tools and technique will also play a role.

Bruno Soares
06-22-2019, 07:17 PM
DAT needs to be worked for a bit to break down the clusters of abrasives. SMAT will be the same if you work it 2 passes or 8 passes.

FUNX650
06-22-2019, 07:53 PM
IMO:
For an answer with a more definable limit,
you’ll also have to take into consideration
the following paint correction variables list:

-the type of polisher;
-polisher’s working speed;
-buffing pads;
-arm-speed;
-down force;
-environmental conditions
-etc.

Note:
This list may not be all inclusive. However:
if other variables do so exist, they were not
deliberately excluded.)

Bob

PaulMys
06-22-2019, 08:19 PM
IMO:

Note:
This list may not be all inclusive. However:
if other variables do so exist, they were not
deliberately excluded.)

Bob

This is Bob's way of saying he's overdone it on the Pabst Blue Ribbon tonight. :P

FUNX650
06-22-2019, 08:42 PM
This is Bob's way of saying he's overdone
it on the Pabst Blue Ribbon tonight. :P

Although try as I might,
When going for a PBR night:
I’d always end up a fright.
(It was not a pretty sight.)

But if I started the night out by a-swillin’
Some of that good ol’ Stroh’s;
By closing time: the girls ‘twas a-willin’
All looked like Adrienne Barbeaus.

Bob

PaulMys
06-22-2019, 08:47 PM
After more reading I just basically confused myself. What's some of the fastest working polishes? In terms of not having to do X amount of passes to clear up the paint. Or having to do X amount of passes to break down the polish. I think that would be a SMAT polish, right? That being a polish thats very very fine...?

Looking to clean up some water marks, light swirls, brighten up the paint and light marring. Not looking for car show quality paint, it'll never stay perfect.

To get back to your original question, MOEB....... Have you tried any of the Griot's creams?

Also, 3D polish and 3D Speed are very easy to work with.

fly07sti
06-22-2019, 08:52 PM
OPT Hyper Polish. Has both types of abrasives in on and is very versatile. I buy it by the gallon.

MrOneEyedBoh
06-23-2019, 05:13 AM
I have 3d polish+ here, optimum hyper polish too.

I didn't know hyper had both diminishing and Smat in it

MrOneEyedBoh
06-23-2019, 05:14 AM
OPT Hyper Polish. Has both types of abrasives in on and is very versatile. I buy it by the gallon.Can I use this to just do a quick go over, or will it haze up if used too fast? I have a DA with LC flat pads

SWETM
06-23-2019, 06:02 AM
SMAT non diminishing abrasives I think does diminishing in the way when you have come to a point the edges of the abrasives gets rounded and less effective. DAT is shaped or in cluster and is diminishing with the polishing cycle to get less abrasive as you go. And the cluster DAT can be a mix of SMAT and DAT. Useally it's more abrasive in the beginning and when the cluster is diminished it's a finer SMAT abrasive that keeps burnishing or jeweling until it's gets unsharped.

Carpro abrasives is very fast working for being a diminishing abrasive.

fightnews
06-23-2019, 09:05 AM

Lmaoo if we all had that attitude we wouldn't have a forum... I'm just kidding but I def have the opposite attitude. I think even if I had an 87 nissian sentra with only one good panel I'd still be trying to get it show car perfect.

Anyway how about meguiars D300 or Griots correction creme? I believe both are SMAT and can remove moderate defects while still finishing down OK. Probably finish down like a 7.50/10 on my scale

fightnews
06-23-2019, 09:10 AM
Can I use this to just do a quick go over, or will it haze up if used too fast? I have a DA with LC flat pads

If you want to just do a quick go over a cleaner wax is your best bet. You can apply to the whole car then buff off as opposed to a typical polish that needs to be buffed off after every individual section. That's a huge time saver right there. You're not going to fix any serious defects though so how bad is your paint?

MrOneEyedBoh
06-23-2019, 10:14 AM
Lmaoo if we all had that attitude we wouldn't have a forum... I'm just kidding but I def have the opposite attitude. I think even if I had an 87 nissian sentra with only one good panel I'd still be trying to get it show car perfect.

Anyway how about meguiars D300 or Griots correction creme? I believe both are SMAT and can remove moderate defects while still finishing down OK. Probably finish down like a 7.50/10 on my scaleHonestly I'm past that in life. It'll never stay perfect and I don't have the time to dedicate for a car that sits outside. Doing what we do makes our cars looksl 1000 times better than the average Joe's car, so I'm happy with that . My last truck is obsess over, not this one.

MrOneEyedBoh
06-23-2019, 10:16 AM
If you want to just do a quick go over a cleaner wax is your best bet. You can apply to the whole car then buff off as opposed to a typical polish that needs to be buffed off after every individual section. That's a huge time saver right there. You're not going to fix any serious defects though so how bad is your paint?It's not bad at all. It's a new truck, so just like swirls and some stained paint from hard water drips it looks like