PDA

View Full Version : Gyeon quick detailer

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
06-22-2019, 10:09 AM
GYEON Quick Detailer (https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-q2m-quickdetailer.html)

Any input on this product yet? Read it makes a really good drying aid. Thinking of picking up a bottle to try.

fightnews
06-22-2019, 10:15 AM
Go for it, how bad could it be? Gyeon makes good stuff.

The only thing that turned me off on them is that they made their microfiber towel an 80/20 blend. That makes me think they did it to cheap out so maybe they are doing that with all the products?

Gyeon bald wipe $7.99 for one low gsm 80/20 blend towel. Something's not right there so I'm kinda staying away from them. That's like triple what it should cost at least

Bruno Soares
06-22-2019, 12:31 PM
I’ve been using it. It’s fine. I’m not sure it gives me any advantage over Ech2o mix but it’s a fine product. Smells great too.

Bruno Soares
06-22-2019, 12:32 PM
Gyeon bald wipe $7.99 for one low gsm 80/20 blend towel. Something's not right there so I'm kinda staying away from them. That's like triple what it should cost at least

The Bald wipe is the best coating leveling towel I have tried. I wish it was cheaper so I could buy a lot of them.

fightnews
06-22-2019, 12:53 PM
The Bald wipe is the best coating leveling towel I have tried. I wish it was cheaper so I could buy a lot of them.

Have you tried Carpro's 2face no lint towel?

Rsurfer
06-22-2019, 01:36 PM

Car Pro's Yellow or Blue mf is a great coating removal towel.

Bruno Soares
06-22-2019, 01:46 PM

No, I haven’t tried that yet.

fightnews
06-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Car Pro's Yellow or Blue mf is a great coating removal towel.

Yes its a great towel even for toppers and pretty much anything. I just got a 20 pack of blues. I already have about 20 oranges.

fightnews
06-22-2019, 02:11 PM
No, I haven’t tried that yet.

They're nice. The 70/30 blend is a lot better quality then the 80/20 with all microfiber. It actually is a noticeably big difference. I don't understand their reasoning for going 80/20. Especially at that price per towel.

I do like some of their products though. I just got a re up bottle of the Q2 foam.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
06-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Go for it, how bad could it be? Gyeon makes good stuff.

The only thing that turned me off on them is that they made their microfiber towel an 80/20 blend. That makes me think they did it to cheap out so maybe they are doing that with all the products?

What I found that works for me, when I find a product I like - the Gyeon towels for example. But like you, I feel they're too pricey. I find an even more expensive product and order 1 or 2 or 3. Then I feel like the expensive, but less expensive product is somehow a good deal. I mean it's cheaper, so it must be a deal right? To balance the $7.99 Gyeon wipe towels, I ordered a few $12.97 Polish Angel wipe towels. Now the Geyon's are a steal, well, sort of...

Of course this way of thinking could well lead to you being broke. Detailing products can be an addiction more expensive than even drugs lol. But as mentioned by another, Gyeon towels are fantastic! But for the price they damn well should be.

And while I haven't used their QD, everything I've used from Gyeon's been awesome sauce. Bathe+ is maybe the best soaps I've ever used. I just wish more of their stuff came in a gallon jug, I market myself as an eco-conscious detailer so I feel bad when I use things that only come in 16oz bottles. Which seems to be most of their stuff.

rlmccarty2000
06-22-2019, 08:46 PM
Try the IGL towels for coating wipedowns. For $3.99 they are pretty good. I toss mine after coatings so $3.99 is about my limit.

fly07sti
06-22-2019, 08:51 PM
Try the IGL towels for coating wipedowns. For $3.99 they are pretty good. I toss mine after coatings so $3.99 is about my limit.

I always have a bucket of water with a couple ounces of OPC to throw my coating towels in when I’m coating a car then wash when I’m done and have had ZERO issues with the towels having any ill effects. In case people are wondering, I typically use CQ UK 3.0, GYEON Mohs and Gloss Coat and none of them have ruined any of my towels.
The only time I throw towels away is if they hit the ground or get any grease in them.

PaulMys
06-22-2019, 09:04 PM
I
The only time I throw towels away is if they hit the ground or get any grease in them.

I relegate these to wheel wells or general shop towels.

And as a dog owner, I will also use them to wipe off wet or muddy paws before entry during rainy days. Lol

SWETM
06-23-2019, 08:36 AM
They're nice. The 70/30 blend is a lot better quality then the 80/20 with all microfiber. It actually is a noticeably big difference. I don't understand their reasoning for going 80/20. Especially at that price per towel.

I do like some of their products though. I just got a re up bottle of the Q2 foam.

Where did you got the information about the Gyeon Bald Wipe is a 80/20 blend?

As far as I know all Gyeons mf towels are of a 70/30 blend. Except for the Silk Dryer Towel. But that's is pretty much the standard for the PFM style drying towels. As with the 70/30 blend those loops would be not so effective as they would be too soft and compressed of their own weight and hold less of water.
Carpro 2face mf towels is on the other hand a 80/20 blend

fightnews
06-23-2019, 09:15 AM
Where did you got the information about the Gyeon Bald Wipe is a 80/20 blend?

As far as I know all Gyeons mf towels are of a 70/30 blend. Except for the Silk Dryer Towel. But that's is pretty much the standard for the PFM style drying towels. As with the 70/30 blend those loops would be not so effective as they would be too soft and compressed of their own weight and hold less of water.
Carpro 2face mf towels is on the other hand a 80/20 blend

No that's totally wrong! Carpro 2face is 100% a 70/30 blend. Idk where you got that information from but it's certainly wrong sorry.

Anyway the blend on the gyeon towel was listed on this site when it first came out. They must of taken it down.

Edit: Sorry SWETM I see the carpro site has it listed as an 80/20 but I'm sure that is a mistake. Everywhere else its listed at 70/30. I just emailed customer service I think its a mistake just because I have them and you can tell the difference.