PDA

View Full Version : I hate a coating that's about to expire, question

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
06-21-2019, 11:49 PM
It's Polish Angel Viking Coat, the web site says it's good for up to 4 years unopened. Mine's unopened, and a few weeks off 4 years. My question is, since it's about to expire, if I was to use it would I get anywhere close to the 24 months they claim? Since it's going to expire I'll be applying it regardless. But I'm curious how coatings work when applied basically right at the expiration date.

acuRAS82
06-22-2019, 12:02 AM
Just throwing out a guess to spur discussion: If the bottle is still liquid without chunks of hardened SiO2 swimming around, I think the product should last around the normal duration (whatever that is in your environment).

On a side note: I once asked Travis, previous US PA rep, if the expiration dates are accurate and he replied that he has many PA products over 4 years old that work fine, many of which have also been open much longer than 2 years. He stored them in a mild indoor environment, low light, etc.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
06-22-2019, 02:21 AM
thanks for the reply, I also have Viking Spritz which I opened the day I got the Viking Coat. It says 2 years on the web site, but I just shook it up and it still seems to be usable. You're saying Travis isn't the PA rep out here any more? That blows, he was super smart about detailing and very helpful the few times I emailed him.

To anyone reading this, a word of warning about PA, once you buy anything from them it leads to a very deep and dark hole which will have you buying and buying and buying even more stuff just because (like I did with the Viking Coat lol) So if you buy anything from them just know to pace yourself lol.

acuRAS82
06-22-2019, 08:05 AM
The US site is now run and rep’d by the German hq people.