PDA

View Full Version : Fewer passes with LC Orange or more with LC white?

Jayfro
06-21-2019, 09:46 PM
The details:
2016 BMW X3, white
Blackfire One Step
Removing swirls from a previous owner.

I started on my wife's car tonight; washed, Iron-x (car looked like it was Barneys car), Clayed using the Blackfire Mit, rewashed to get everything off.

I made two passes with LC White pads on speed three or four (HF DA), results were decent. I went back and made two more passes on speed five and it looked much better... light to moderate pressure on both attempts and arm speed was medium.

I haven't attempted a second test spot yet, it was 9:00pm! My next spot would be with a LC orange. I would assume I'll get better results with fewer passes but my question is...is it better for the paint using more passes with white or fewer with the orange...or is it the same but with faster results?

Thank you
Jay

PS...much easier than the black Acura...so far!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

custmsprty
06-21-2019, 11:20 PM
6-8 passes minimum per section, north south east west. Run it wide open. You can find many posts on here where Mike P will back that up.

Eldorado2k
06-22-2019, 12:20 AM
With that polisher you want to do everything [except applying lsp] on speed 4.5-5
Using it on speed 3 for polishing is a waste of time & effort.

If the paint is really hammered, use the Orange pads using the same technique you used on your 2nd run.
But you could also do a test spot with the white pad and see if it yields the same results. If it does than just use the white pads.
Your results should be excellent as long as you’re running that polisher on speed 4.5 using the same pressure you found success with.

fightnews
06-22-2019, 05:50 AM
6-8 passes minimum per section, north south east west. Run it wide open. You can find many posts on here where Mike P will back that up.

Agree but its confusing with these diminishing abrasive products. How long are every bodies passes. Is the stuff fully broken down at 6 passes or does it take longer? How are we supposed to know?

Take sonax for example. I was looking at one of their polishes yesterday. The directions say polish for 10 seconds this way then 30 seconds that way. Total time is under 60 seconds, How many passes is anyone getting in that time? Not 8 thats for sure, even on a small section.