PDA

View Full Version : Quickjacks are a game changer!

DetailDrivenEugene
06-21-2019, 03:25 PM
Got a set of quickjacks a couple of weeks ago, and I’m thoroughly impressed. These things are awesome. Definitely going to make my job easier. I work on a lot of European sports cars and exotics. Most are low. These are going to save me a lot of future back pain. Wheels off jobs are a breeze now too. If you are thinking about buying some, DO IT!

fightnews
06-21-2019, 03:33 PM
Damn my back would love to have a set of those. Looks like about 1500 for a nice set though. To steep for me considering I only detail my own car. Maybe someday but I need to do something. Those roller chairs aren't cutting it. My back was killing me the last couple times I did a detail. Even just doing the tires is bothering me.

KyleBis2
06-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Where do you lift the car from? Pinch welds?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Markymapo
06-21-2019, 03:59 PM
Same question, placement of jack. I have a M4, Cayman S n Lexus IS 350 and boy would they come in handy

DetailDrivenEugene
06-21-2019, 04:23 PM
Most cars have specified jack points. Quickjacks come with two sets of four rubber blocks to use for these points. They also sell a set of slotted blocks to use with pinch welds. I bought a set of four slotted rubber jack pucks to use on top of the factory blocks for pinch weld vehicles for much less.
I’m not sure if it’s still valid, but i got the 5000 lb set on Costco.com for a grand shipped.

yakky
06-22-2019, 09:08 AM
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Costco deal but I need the longer version as my cars jack points are too far apart.

mk9750
06-22-2019, 12:39 PM
I asked for a set for father's day. I'm enjoying my new golf shirt.

Gillyz
06-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Damn my back would love to have a set of those. Looks like about 1500 for a nice set though. To steep for me considering I only detail my own car. Maybe someday but I need to do something. Those roller chairs aren't cutting it. My back was killing me the last couple times I did a detail. Even just doing the tires is bothering me.

I’m in the same boat as far as only really doing my own cars. And two of mine are lifted so it wouldn’t be worth it yet for me. But Costco has them for $999 if that makes it any easier for the justification.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)