PDA

View Full Version : what's the best way to clean up some light marring

hmardown
06-17-2019, 06:55 PM
my car was complete done about a month ago. then I ended up getting something all over the car & had to clay it(thought it was sap). after claying I do have some slight marring here and there I'll need to get rid of. ( I'm going to waterless wash it & apply a sealant after I get rid of the marring). out of all these products I have, which would be the least harshest to get me there ?
HD Speed
Rupes ultra fine, fine or medium
Poor Boys black hole
McKee's 360
Griots correcting cream
Optimum Hyper polish

Is polish enough to get the job done ? or do I need something with a little more cut ?
thanks

it's a 2018 mustang gt magnetic metallic

TMQ
06-17-2019, 07:03 PM
You'll prolly get it done with either HD Speed, Rupes ultra or Fine polish.

Then seal...

As for others...let them sit. You'll get it done with what I mentioned above.

Tom

FUNX650
06-17-2019, 07:26 PM
•For clay marring, I’ll do the obligatory
“Test Spot” with an Ultra Finishing Polish,
(like Meguiar’s M205), on a finishing pad.

-That usually proves out to be enough
to remove clay marring.

•BTW:
-After polishing, I don’t re-wash the vehicle;
-I say: Why chance introducing another type
of “marring” to the newly polished paint?

•Additionally:
-Meguiar’s M205 has never disappointed me
in its willingness to happily embrace the big-
gest majority of the Sealants that are current-
ly on the market.

Bob

hmardown
06-17-2019, 07:38 PM
Yeah I was going to WW before the polishing. The car is going sit 3 or 4 days before polishing. I do have that megs 205. Guess I’ll try these suggestions and see which suits me. I appreciate all the response, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMQ
06-17-2019, 07:49 PM
My take???

Rupes Fine Polish---yellow with either white pad or kick it up a notch---yellow pads. It'll be perfect!

Tom

The Guz
06-17-2019, 09:59 PM
my car was complete done about a month ago. then I ended up getting something all over the car & had to clay it(thought it was sap). after claying I do have some slight marring here and there I'll need to get rid of. ( I'm going to waterless wash it & apply a sealant after I get rid of the marring). out of all these products I have, which would be the least harshest to get me there ?
HD Speed
Rupes ultra fine, fine or medium
Poor Boys black hole
McKee's 360
Griots correcting cream
Optimum Hyper polish

Is polish enough to get the job done ? or do I need something with a little more cut ?
thanks

it's a 2018 mustang gt magnetic metallic

Either of these will work. Probably don’t need correcting cream.

Depends on what your end goal is. If you want AIO the speed or 360. If not then Hyper Polish or Rupes and the protection of your choice.

Test spot is the answer you will always get.

hmardown
06-18-2019, 08:24 AM
Yeah I think I’ll try try the rupes and the hyper polish. I’ve been sitting on a new bottle of hyper polish waiting to test it out. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
06-18-2019, 08:28 AM
I think Speed with a foam "polishing" pad would be more than enough. Plus, because it's an AIO it's one and done.

:)