PDA

View Full Version : 303 Wiper Treatment

Pages : [1] 2

hirafdo
06-16-2019, 08:17 AM
I've been looking into buying some wiper treatment for my car , and many has recommended the 303 Wiper Treatment sachet , but I noticed that the Autogeek store does not have it in stock anymore, neither do many online detailing product stores. Does anyone now when these will be back in stock or if 303 had stopped manufacturing this product??

TTQ B4U
06-16-2019, 09:04 AM
IMO it was junk. The best treatment for worn wipers is to replace them. Inserts are cheap.

Use some glass polish (easier to remove than regular polish) to strip and clean your windshield. Wipe with denatured alcohol then a damp cloth with distilled water. Apply McKee's 37 glass coating as directed or Rust Oleum's Never Wet for glass and then install the new inserts. You'll be good to go.

hirafdo
06-16-2019, 09:36 AM
my wipers are pretty new but they are streaking so I need a solution for this. I've also applied Rain X on my windshield.

tcope
06-16-2019, 10:07 AM
I've been looking into buying some wiper treatment for my car , and many has recommended the 303 Wiper Treatment sachet , but I noticed that the Autogeek store does not have it in stock anymore, neither do many online detailing product stores. Does anyone now when these will be back in stock or if 303 had stopped manufacturing this product??

I don't see why this product would not simply be their normal protectant... on little spot applicator wipes.... at an inflated cost.

I use 303 on my wipers as they don't have inserts (most don't any longer) and cost about $20/each.

TTQ B4U
06-16-2019, 10:21 AM
my wipers are pretty new but they are streaking so I need a solution for this. I've also applied Rain X on my windshield.

Lots of places to begin but I'd start with my above noted proceedure to clean the glass. Just like LSP's on paint, Rain X will adhere but for best results the glass has to be cleaned. A good test to know when you get to bare clean glass is when you flush it with water, the water will stick to it like glue and not sheet or bead. If you were to swipe it with a squeegee it would have a defined line. Only then will you know you're down to completely fresh and clean glass.

From there if it's an older vehicle or one that sits outside most of the time, it could be related to the wiper arms. Those too are relatively inexpensive and simple to replace but I'd try aligning them first (twist in direction of shudder).

Klasse Act
06-16-2019, 12:08 PM
I've never heard of this product from 303, closest I've heard of are the tablets that go directly into your washer bottle, those I have used.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

swanicyouth
06-16-2019, 02:33 PM
This stuff was just their regular protectant on a little towel. I wonder if you can use Bead Maker?

Klasse Act
06-16-2019, 02:35 PM
A good cleaner for wiperblades...Collinite #520, LOL

57Rambler
06-16-2019, 04:38 PM
This stuff was just their regular protectant on a little towel.

FYI, I have found that 303 markets several of their products under various names. An easy way to find out is to look up the SDS for their products and compare the ingredients. There is a link to SDS's at the botton of the homepage of the Goldeagle web site.

Sports Fan
06-16-2019, 08:09 PM
Every 6 months or so I just apply 303 Protectant to the wiper blades and it works fine that way. As others have said, they probably just use 303 Protectant in the product that you're referring to.

I do like Klasse Act's idea of using Collinite 520 to clean them, and then apply 303 Protectant afterwards. Nice suggestion, Roger.

My Trico Force wiper blades are almost a year old and still going strong. Of course, Rain-X cuts down on their use, but I'm hoping to get a few years out of them using this technique. Here's the video I saw where this process was first explained or suggested, and it's exactly what I did and it seems to be working just fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEoOWgV6Dl8

hirafdo
06-16-2019, 08:13 PM
Every 6 months or so I just apply 303 Protectant to the wiper blades and iIt works fine that way. As others have said, they probably just use the 303 protectant in the product that you're referring to.

I do like Klasse Act's suggestion of using Collinite 520 to clean them, and then apply 303 Protectant afterwards.

My Trico Force wiper blades are almost a year old and going strong. Of course, Rain-X cuts down on their use, but I'm hoping to get a few years out of them using this technique.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

So theres no streaking after using the 303 protectant??

Klasse Act
06-16-2019, 08:20 PM
I mentioned Collinite #520 more along the lines as a joke but with its cleaning ability and marginal protection left behind I guess it really could be used this way. I don't like the idea of adding a protectant to the wipers, too easy to mix with water on the glass and possibly smear the glass[emoji848]

PaulMys
06-16-2019, 08:23 PM
Collinite #520 more along the lines as a joke but with its cleaning ability and marginal protection left behind [emoji848]

Where did this info come from, Rog?? :laughing::laughing:

Mgavin1985
06-16-2019, 09:11 PM
The best glass stripper and abrasive is GS8 or gs5 no touch glass polish it has such cleaning power it can remove rain x. It also ruined exov3 water behavior. It does not harm clear coat just sealant or wax.

Sports Fan
06-16-2019, 09:16 PM
I mentioned Collinite #520 more along the lines as a joke but with its cleaning ability and marginal protection left behind I guess it really could be used this way. I don't like the idea of adding a protectant to the wipers, too easy to mix with water on the glass and possibly smear the glass[emoji848]

I still think it's a good idea, joke or not (LOL)

As for 303, I apply it lightly, and leave the wipers "up" to air dry for a few hours.....and I do it when I know I'm not going to be driving anywhere for several hours. It's one of those things I do pretty much as the "last detailing item for the day" type of thing and then park the car in the garage overnight. Haven't had any problems yet (fingers crossed). I figure if 303 sold a product specifically for this function, it probably contains the actual protectant and so it probably shouldn't be a problem....